Continuing Issues With BT (& Plusnet)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That must be very annoying.

Security expert Alan Woodward at the University of Surrey told the BBC the continuing issues were a "concern".

"If this level of disruption can be caused by a power problem on one floor of one building housing part of the infrastructure in the UK, you really have to ask how resilient is this piece of critical national infrastructure," he said.

"Security doesn't just mean protecting against attackers, it means reliability too."

This guy makes a good point.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah I agree!

On the flip side, least it happened when it was too hot to be sat at the PC! :lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I've had a lot of 'issues' with connections ... I turned off everything and rebooted, seems to have re-routed to better nodes, or they refixed stuff.

:user:

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
I'm running BT Infinity 2, and when I hear about these problems, it's strange because they never seem to impact us. My BT Infinity 2 connection has been rock solid (except for one problem which turned out to be my fault). My own router (not using BT's god-awful Home Hub) is configured to log a fault immediately if the PPPoE connection goes down, and this hasn't happened.

Guess I'm just lucky! :p

- Capt. Jack Sparrow.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The above issues are fixed now. :)

But there are more ongoing issues with a new part of Plusnet's network, apparently if your IP starts with 51. then your on the new network and will likely be suffering. Thankfully I'm on a static IP starting with 212 and haven't had any issues so far.

Ask a Question