Outlook Context Menu for MS Outlook

Reaction score
Hi:

I am trying to create a context menu for MS Outlook. What I want is that if users select some text and then right click, there should be a menu item which can redirect users to certain URLs with that text appended after it.

This is for intranet. I am a newbie and has no idea where to start.

Please suggest.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm no expert in this, but you'll need to start looking at VBA scripts which you can create in Outlook. This will allow you to add items to context menus, from which they can do whatever you want via some basic programming.

It looks like there are some addins (i.e. http://www.add-in-express.com/docs/outlook-express-menus.php), but you'd need to have a proper read through the documentation to see if it does what you are after :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I'm no expert in this, but you'll need to start looking at VBA scripts which you can create in Outlook. This will allow you to add items to context menus, from which they can do whatever you want via some basic programming.

It looks like there are some addins (i.e. http://www.add-in-express.com/docs/outlook-express-menus.php), but you'd need to have a proper read through the documentation to see if it does what you are after :)

Ah. I was hoping that there is a software that can do it for me, but apparently not.

I do know VB.Net but I just wanted something quick as I don't have enough time (this is just side project IF I can do it).

Oh well.

Thanks.

Ask a Question