Contacts / Address Book problem, very odd.

H

hyedipin

I have the regular "Contacts" folder, and I created another one, which is "Personal Contacts".

And I made their name "Outlook Contacts" and "Outlook Personal Contacts" to easily identify them when I am sending e-mail, the reason I did this, when I am sending e-mail there are two "Contacts" and two "Personal Contacts".

My question is, where are these two other contacts? I want to get rid of them, but I can't find them anywhere on my Outlook.

If I go to my personal folders and uncheck "Show This Folder as an e-mail address book" they will disappear, as expected, but I want to disable the other two, which I have NO CLUE where they are coming from. :(

Please help.
Thanks!

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Version of outlook?

go to tools, accounts, address books... delete all the address books and add
them back.

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

H

hyedipin

Sorry, Version is Outlook 2003 SP3.

I checked the accounts, it displays as following:

But If I delete these, won't they be deleted from my folders? I don't want to lose my contacts folder. Probably I can back up first them import them back, but I just want to know where these extra two are coming from? And why it happened in the first place.

Thank you for your help.

Ask a Question