and no, I didn't misspell the title

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
77125thumb.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mr Urmas, I have studied that strip cartoon for some considerable time, considered all wordplay, looked for the not obvious, considered the surreal and explored variations in an effort to understand the humour.

But have to confess it's either too clever or possibly too obvious for me to understand.

I hate to come over as a typical resident of Wyoming but pray put a poor boy out of his misery and explain. I have a feeling I'm going to be strapping myself to a bum kicking machine over this one but what the hell, concerned men of a certain age need to know.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Dear Mr Flops,

According to an old Finnish wisdom, "whenever a Savonian speaks, the responsibility is shifted to the listener".

353pxhistoricalprovince.png

150pxsavovaakunasvg.png

Now... my identity is not that of a Savonian (although my maternal grandmother was born and raised there). It is also a fair assumption that neither the late Mr. Hart nor his grandsons who have taken over the strip are in any way affiliated with the fair province of Savonia.

But the principle in that wisdom is sound. Can't go wrong with that one... as long as one remembers another fundamental wisdom:

rearviewmirrorcaption.jpg

I met a man who lost his mind
in some lost place I had to find,
follow me the wise man said,
but he walked behind.

--Leonard C.

:drool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nope, either I'm as thick as a brick or you're a loony :)

Who are these Savonians then? When one of them talks 'the responsibility is shifted to the listener'?

Well in my humble opinion what a load of old cobblers :D

If some geezer says to me, for instance, 'the lounge needs decorating' I ain't gonna do it for him, no sir.
Dunno what all this is about, I is just a simple sarf east london geezer, know what I mean?

Reaction score
Is it cos its only a little motorbike it only burns "little" oil. If not then i'm lost too.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
lost..............in..............space..............wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Ask a Question