Configure SP2 SUS deployment

jeff4379

I have about 250 XP clients in 16 locations that will be receiving XPsp2
through SUS...

I have found the settings to configure the firewall (netfw.inf) but I'm
trying to find the registry settings to turn off monitoring of the firewall
and antivirus.

Does anyone know these registry settings so I can make a reg file to run in
a login script?

Jeff

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

jeff4379 said:
I have about 250 XP clients in 16 locations that will be receiving XPsp2
through SUS...

I have found the settings to configure the firewall (netfw.inf) but I'm
trying to find the registry settings to turn off monitoring of the firewall
and antivirus.

Does anyone know these registry settings so I can make a reg file to run in
a login script?

Hi

Those registry values are documented in 06_CIF_Maintenance.doc

06_CIF_Maintenance.DOC ("Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP
Service Pack 2, Part 6: Computer Maintenance") can be downloaded from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d7-b791-40b6-8364-685b84158c78&DisplayLang=en

Note: WinXPSP2_Documentation.zip contains all the .doc downloads...

jeff4379

Don't do what? deploy SP2? I've tested it extensively on our systems and
have had no problems. I'm more worried about having to walk around to every
workstation and manually installing SP2.

Sounds like you should have done a little more testing.

Feng Mao

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting here!

I would like to confirm that the below method by User Interface can
implement your request.

1. Click Start, point to Control Panel
2. Double click Security Center
3. Click "Change the way security center alerts me"
4. Uncheck the "Virus protection" "Firewall" "Automatic Update" options.
5. Click OK button to apply the settings.

If so, the below registry key might be useful:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Security Center

Change the below value to 0x1

AntiVirusDisableNotify
FirewallDisableNotify
UpdatesDisableNotify

I hope that the above information is helpful. Have a nice day!

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support