Configuration Management Interface (CMI) Error

G

back again .
Regarding searching the database for components having files

when i include more than one file in the file search filter criteria (components containing files), then it returns a CMI error.
"Configuration Management Interface (CMI) Error. Code = 0x80042335. A database error occured within the CMI.

My Windows script is up to date and i have also added the following key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Embedded\CMI\DBCmdTimeou
with a DWORD set to the value of 300 even though it has been suggested for a similar CMI error regarding TD

Thanks all
Vaddina PrakasH Rao.

K

KM

prakash437,

How do you create the filter?
I mean the feature (filter to search for components containing two or more files) works just fine for me.

G

hi KM
And thanks for that reply ,

The feature is the seventh one "Component contains the following file". And I add a few files with the OR operation. AND doesnt work either.

Thanks again
Vaddina Prakash Rao

K

KM

prakash437,

Testing here: 7, 8, 9, ... files (OR/AND) worked just fine.
Make sure that:
- you got enough RAM if you are running SQL server on the same machine as XPe tools. Although, the filters do not usually
increase the server memory cache since they are implemented as simple SQL queries through CMI (my best guess).
- use only file in the filter rule "Component contains the following file". Do not type more than one files in the rule parametr
input window.

Ask a Question