Computer will not let me re-install, please help!!!

can't re-install my computer please help

Something happened to my computer and it needed re-installation. When I tried
to re-install it, It would not let me, so I formated the hard drive. Now I
try to re install it: I turn the computer on and I put in the windows cd,it
loads and then the screen is just black, the computer is still on, but
nothing works, ctrl+alt+delete doesn't either, Can someone please help me?

Andrew E.

How or with what utility did you formatt the hard drive.Try entering BIOS on
start-up,set cdrom as 1st boot device,hd 2nd,save & exit BIOS.You should get
"press any key to boot to cd".

Andrew E. said:
How or with what utility did you formatt the hard drive.Try entering BIOS on
start-up,set cdrom as 1st boot device,hd 2nd,save & exit BIOS.You should get
"press any key to boot to cd".

The cdrom is set as 1st boot device and I had the hdd formated using another
computer.

can''t re-install my computer please hel said:
The cdrom is set as 1st boot device and I had the hdd formated using another
computer. but the cd will still not boot.

DL

Reboot your PC with the win cd in the cd drive, what happens?

If you had a hardware failure then it wont boot, but you should get some
bios beeps when you reboot
Knowing the beeps may help with diagnosis

"can''t re-install my computer please hel"

db ´¯`·.. >

it is somewhat odd that
you could not "re-install"
with your cd but then
used another computer
to format and wipe away
the data on the disk.

however, the formatting
would not have improved
your chances to use the cd
you have.

if the cd you were using
was a genuine installation
cd, then you would have
been given some options
to install or repair your
windows.

so, what you might be using
are restore disks that might
be activated if your disk has
a hidden partition to activate
a recovery program.

you should look up the
homepage for your computer
as it will provide faq's, procedures
and downloads.

--keep us apprised.
--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>

"can't re-install my computer please help" <can't re-install my computer please
news:[email protected]...

William R. Walsh

Hi!
I put in the windows cd,it loads and then the screen is just black,
the computer is still on, but nothing works, ctrl+alt+delete doesn't
either, Can someone please help me?

Does your CD-ROM drive work properly? If you believe it does, check to make
sure that your Windows CD is clean and free of severe scratches or marks.

If you have more than one CD-ROM drive on your computer, try the other one.

Finally, go into your computer's setup utility (it will usually tell you
what key to push shortly after you turn it on) and check what is known as
the "boot order" or "startup sequence". This will tell you what devices the
computer is checking to find something it can start up from. You need to put
the CD-ROM above the hard drive if it is not already there.

William

can''t re-install my computer please hel

sorry, I was unable to reply for a long time, turns out, it was just a
restore disk, I got an actual cd, and re-installed it WORKS JUST FINE, but I
do have two more questions though, whenever I scroll on a browser (I tried
internet explorer, and mozilla firefox) the screen becomes blurry, but when I
stop scrolling, it goes back to normal, why is that and how can I change
that. Next question, my computer has built-in wi-fi or lan, whatever you call
it, but theres not any wireless networks to choose from. I have a wireless
network, and on my other computer(which has the same built in lan) it works
fine, NOTE THESE PROBLEMS DID NOT OCCUR BEFORE THE RE-INSTALLATION!!! PLEASE
HELP

db.·.. >

the blurry issue is
likely related to
the graphics aspect
of your machine.

might be low memory,
perhaps you need to
reinstall the drivers
for you video/graphics
component.

the drivers are likely on those
restore disks but you should
simply visit the homesite
for the computer and check
out the faq's or for patches
or downloads, etc...

in regards to the wi-fi,
perhaps you should call
the service provider for
technical assistance.

however, while you are
at the homesite checking out
the faq's, search for something
related to your wi-fi
component as well.

can''t re-install my computer please hel

Thanks, one more thing, please. My computer is always on "mute" theres no
sound at all! It's not the speakers, thy work fine, I tried them on another
computer. But when I go to sound settings, I'm unable to unmute it, it won't
let me, everything is mute, please help

WindPipe

Right click 'My Computer' on your desktop, select the properties menu item. Click the
hardware tab, press the 'Device Manager' button. Have a look down the list. Items with
yellow circled question (or exclamation marks I think), are devices that need their
respective device drivers installed. Your sound card may not have the device driver for it
installed. Also you may want to install the manufacturer's driver for your graphics card,
reading a few posts above this one.

Hope you work it out.

- WindPipe

db.·.. >

you may also encounter
other issues regarding
hardware.

so far you have issues
with the graphics, wifi
and now the sound.

the issues are likely
attributed to drivers.

if you had utilized the
factory restore disks
instead of a windows
setup cd, the computer
would have been returned
to its original and functional
state.

you should visit the
homesite for the computer
and download updated
drivers, patches, etc...

it is unclear what the
original problem you
were trying to fix before
you created this thread.

if the drivers do not help
then there may be a problem
with the motherboard.

WindPipe

The drivers for your hardware should either be on a disc, or discs that came with your
computer, or on a disc that came with the hardware item. If you know what hardware that
constitutes your PC you can take the opportunity to download the latest driver.

Look at the disc(s) that came with your PC.

- WindPipe