Computer Planet Review

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd warn anyone thinking of buying from www.computerplanet.co.uk. I've so far been waiting over 3 weeks for them to start building my PC (yup 3 weeks and they still havn't even started building it). Their email support, although quite quick for replying, always consists of an answer of about 7-10 words in length. No matter what you ask them be prepared to get only your first question answered as well. I must admit tho their website is good for ordering exactly what you want but be prepared to not be told until after you order that there will be delays from parts not being available. I had to wait a week just for a processor even though they advised me that it would arrive in 3 working days. Their prices are very volitile and constantly go up or down in a matter of days. Finally they told me the build time would be 7-9 working days when I ordered it and even though they assured me it would be done by the end of this week it clearly won't be as it's thursday now and building it hasn't even started so it's very unlikely I'll c my PC until the end of next week.

Hope this helps anyone to make a choice on where to buy and please tell whoever you can so that they don't get frustrated out of their minds like me.

Thanks
Maz

Reaction score
Computer Planet at your own risk

1) The supposed 9 working days is just a lure to con naive customer like me. It took 5 weeks.

2) I have been charged for things they didn't add or do, like Raid or Windows tuning. You would think they'll just deduct them from the initial amount paid, well they didn't. And honestly, I am so disgusted with this so called planetary company that I just prefer to forget about this experience and at all cost avoid communication with them. So much so that I'd rather avoid them than even report many faulty USB ports, a fan that doesn't work, and God knows what other things I have not yet seen or tested. As far as support goes, you'd better trust a well known company with a full support section than go through the private emailing and feel as if they're doing you a favor.

3) When the computer arrived, everything externally showed that it had already been used. And more significantly, how can Windows updates be already done in July 2012 when I had ordered my computer in December 2012?

4) Customer service is the worst you can imagine, it's no less than dictatorship. The moment you commit yourself to buying, just forget fairness. Go and find out for yourself! If you're a potential customer, expect heaven from them, they'll be with you anytime you ask them a question. But once you have paid them, they'll just forget about you. And if you hope for a refund, even if you're perfectly justified, forget it, unless you're willing to pay them a £120 penalty (plus return fees). So, supposing you go ahead for refund, they would enjoy that amount and re-sell the returned computer to someone else as it happened to me. They won't give you something for nothing, I believe it is by cunning that they manage to survive.

5) Instead of just buying a newer computer from a well known company I used to, and I should honestly add with complete satisfaction (not allowed to mention the name I guess), I stupidly believed that I could 'have the cake and eat', i.e buy cheap on precise requirements and hope that it will go without a hitch. I wrongly believed the good reviews before deciding and now I am wondering how many are genuinely written by real customers and not by Computer Planet's elements.

So, if you're still unsure about this company, you'd better trust the negative reviews because truth is when it hurts, and when it hurts to that point, that can only mean that something is not quite right.

Reaction score
I use Novateh for PC bundles or complete builds if I couldn't be bothered to do it my self. They are reliable and I can highly recommend them. Their help desk is also highly efficient and have never had a problem with emails.

Ask a Question