Computer Keeps Restarting!

Reaction score
I need some Help....I got a computer for Christmas and the Computer Keeps Restarting...Its an E-Machines Computer. Im not using it right now, obviously i wouldn't be able to type this....sometimes it will work for like about 20 minutes, then it will restart, and keep restarting....i think there is a solution in safe mode? thats what i heard....can you help me! My sister just wants to use the Computer Already!!

Reaction score
Actually Nope, I havent Solved the Problem Yet....Its not my Computer, Its actually my Sisters...i still dont know why she got it, she never used Computers much before...But anyway she doesnt complain TOO much...because if it worked she would only use it for probably iTunes....Still bothers her a little though...any help would be appriciated...

Reaction score
This Is Usually A Driver Problem.with This Particular Problem I Usually Start By Going Into Cmos By Hitting Del(sometimes Several Times)after The Computer Has Just Been Turned On And Going To Power Management And Disabling It.then When After The Machine Has Booted Up I Go Into Device Management And Disable Power Management Assuming You Are Running Windows.you Will Also Be Able To See In Device Management If There Are Any Other Resource Conflicts.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
JIM451 said:
This Is Usually A Driver Problem.with This Particular Problem I Usually Start By Going Into Cmos By Hitting Del(sometimes Several Times)after The Computer Has Just Been Turned On And Going To Power Management And Disabling It.then When After The Machine Has Booted Up I Go Into Device Management And Disable Power Management Assuming You Are Running Windows.you Will Also Be Able To See In Device Management If There Are Any Other Resource Conflicts.
Wrong ... this has nothing to do with power managment. :rolleyes:

To help us help you, please make sure you provide the following information when asking a technical question about your PC:
  • Operating System: e.g. Windows XP or Windows Vista
  • Anti Virus Software : e.g. AVG Free, Norton
  • Anti Spyware Software : e.g. AdAware, Microsoft Defender
  • How do you connect to the net : e.g. ADSL (router?), 56k Modem
  • Your Computer Specifications - This is very important!!
If you are unsure of your system specifications you can download SIW here which is a free tool that can give you all of the information you need to know. If you aren't familiar with your system, things to mention from SIW are : Motherboard vendor and model (motherboard tab), physical memory (system info tab), CPU name (CPU info tab), Video Processor (video tab).

If you think you have a virus/spyware on your system that you can't remove using the normal tools then please be sure to attach a HJT log from here. This will help us diagnose applications that run at startup.
... you can use the software specified above in Safe Mode if need be.

Reaction score
RE:Wrong ... this has nothing to do with power managment.

I May Not Be Correct However I Would Like To Point Out That Some Pc,s Are Incompatible With Retailed Versions Of Windows Power Management Drivers.and Furthermore Disabling This Driver Will Not Harm The Pc.i Have Over 100 Pc,s And A Few Of Them Will Not Operate Properly With The P.m. Drivers That Come With Retailed Versions Of Windows.even Though Device Management Claimed The Device Is Working Properly.
You Can Join Up Free Right Now At Driverguide.com. To Solve Your Driver Problems.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Most common cause for random restarts is an overheating CPU.

Try taking the side of the case off (but not if this invalidates any warranties) make sure the CPU fan is turning, then maybe aim a household cooling fan at the case interior.

If the machine stays on, then it's likely the CPU cooler needs reseating with some new thermal compound.

If it still crashes, we'll have to look elsewhere.

If it's a new computer from E-Machines, is it not under warranty?

muckshifter

Reaction score
JIM451 said:
I May Not Be Correct However I Would Like To Point Out That Some Pc,s Are Incompatible With Retailed Versions Of Windows Power Management Drivers.and Furthermore Disabling This Driver Will Not Harm The Pc.i Have Over 100 Pc,s And A Few Of Them Will Not Operate Properly With The P.m. Drivers That Come With Retailed Versions Of Windows.even Though Device Management Claimed The Device Is Working Properly.
You Can Join Up Free Right Now At Driverguide.com. To Solve Your Driver Problems.
Do you work for Driverguide ??? Driverguide will not solve a driver problem ... they merely offer drivers for download. And I would first visit the manufacturer of the device in question if I needed new/updated drivers.

You are constantly giving irrelevant, conflicting and just plain bad advice. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
RE:Do you work for Driverguide ???

No,i Don't Work For Driverguide???.i Just Find It's An Easy Way To Find Drivers.and I Also Agree With FlopPYbootstomps Suggestion ,only If The Heatsink An Fan Is Plugged With Dust Or If The Cpu Shutdown Setting Is Set To Low.what Do You Suggest?
-SORRY TO HEAR YOU GUYS COULD'NT GET YOUR DOT LAZER ENCODING SYSTEM TO WORK.MUST BE TERRIBLE TO BE OUTDONE BY A COMMON CANADIAN!

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Huh!

What are you shouting for now ??? dot laser ??? isn't Canada a province of the UK ??

Suggestions ? I have none ... floppybootstomp gave as good an answer to start with.

:rolleyes:

Ask a Question