computer gone a bit weird :(

Reaction score
my computer sorta messed up...here's what happened.
i was playing GTA:SA and then suddenly my screen went black, i waited a while and nothing happened. i pressed ctrl>alt>del and still nothing, then alt>F4 which didn't work either. i pushed my restart button on my case and when it started up i got a number or problems. it might be a hardware problem because i was playing GTA for longer than i usually do and i might of melted something XD

-the task bar is missing, the icons are still there and are simply floating on my wallpaper. the 'start button' is also missing and all the icons have been pushed to the left.

-it never seems to start up even after an hour, it's still starting up and loading all the processes.

-no shortcuts work properly and when clicked they appear on the task bar, but never actually appear on your screen ( may have something to do with the startup time).

-a rectangle appears on my desktop and every time i hover my mouse above it, it indicates that it's busy. the rectangle is the bottom section of my wallpaper moved a bit upwards but the bottom section is still there, if that makes any sense

safe mode seems to work ok. is it normal for your video cards and sound cards to not be detected in safe mode? whenever i go to start>run>dxdiag everything after the name is blank. it's been broken for like... two weeks now, the guy who usually fixes it is on holiday and my dad insists we get him to fix it because he fixes it for free... i have no intention of fixing it by myself (unless it's simple ^_^ ) but now it's come to the extent that i need a professional opinion of what's happening because the computer i'm on at the moment is so slow and i've been on it ever since my computer's been broken and it's frustrating

-Thanks in advance
icon_wink.gif

Ask a Question