computer desktop is not projected on screen

I have a new Gateway laptop computer with windows XP and Powerpoint 2003 on
board. I tried to do a presentation and all I could project was the center
background from my desktop. Toogle with the Fn LCD/CRT key didn't seem to
help. Changing display size did not help. Problem occurred on two different
LCD projectors. What's the problem?

TAJ Simmons

This sounds like a resolution mis match.

Your laptop is probably "set" at a certain resolution because it has an LCD
screen with a set number of pixels e.g. 1024x768 or 800x600 or similar.

Your LCD projector also has a set number of pixels. If they don't match you
can see the sort of thing you have described.

Although most laptops and projectors can be set to other
resolutions.....they are only 'faking' it. but are really the same amount of
pixels.

So, in short you need to match both the projector "true" resolution with the
laptops "true" resolution

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
free powerpoint templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

"Cannot project a powerpoint presentation" <Cannot project a powerpoint
news:[email protected]...