Comp Freezing-Monitor Not responding

Reaction score
Recently my computer froze once then twice, I tried reformatting the drive but it keeps freezing during the isntallation every time ! In addition even though the pc comes on, the monitor does not actually display anything, it wont go to green light. If i will turn it off and then back on enough times it eventually does and windows installation restarts but shortly freezes. Then I have to play with power again for a day for the monitor to come on. I tried both memory chips but it wouldnt come on with either one pulled out. The hard drive seems to spin but am not sure if as usual. It shouldnt be the video card since the comp freezes once it comes on, you guys think its the HD or perhaps the CPU ??

Reaction score
Hiya dude welcome to the site.

Have you tried other memory in the slots before you try booting up?

Freezing or halting is usually caused by bad memory address's or overheating.
Check the fins on the CPU heatsink are not blocked up with dust.

I have, in the past, had problems with installations freezing on me because I tried installing too much hardware at once. ie Sound cards I/O controllers and alikes, althought saying that they were in older operating systems.

Have you added any hardware recently? If you have take it out and try again.

Justa process of elimination i'm afraid. Dont give up :D

Im tired, however someone else may help in the morning and give some clearer and more deductive advice

Reaction score
unfortunatelly I do not have any spare parts to try , tried the 2 chips I have in now. I did not add anything new to the pc in past few months.... it just started freezing suddenly.... I am going to try with a diff Video Card but not even sure if it will take PCI card as it runs on PCI express

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It could be anything.

Can you tell us what the PC consists off?

user.gif

Ask a Question