command and conquer red alert 2 lag!!

Reaction score
hi, i have the game command and conquer red alert 2, and i have fully updated it etc. except it runs slow on my computer when im playing single player, and extremely slow when i play on the internet, my specs are much more than those required by the game and i have broadband, it gets realy annoying when im playing online and it goes so slow, if you can help i appreciate it, thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds silly, have you presed "esc" and gone to the menu to check the speed settings?

Reaction score
yea, i set game speed to 4, which is fast enough, and connection speed to 3, which is the fastest.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
/sarcastic mode on

Go on, be a devil, tell us you are using sumit more than a 486 PC

/sarcastic mode off

;)

Reaction score
Heh... I get lag during heavy assault bits (25+planes on a taget etc) and I got an A64 at 2.6GHz and a 6600GT at 560/1140. Its weird. I think the game is heavy on the CPU?

Reaction score
i dont even know what a 486 PC is, my specs are

Celereon (R) CPU 2.00 GHZ
256MB Ram
Microsoft windows XP home edition.

Reaction score
what graphics card do you have???

not really played the game .. but if you get more RAM (512mb) it should help ... like kenny said its heavy on the CPU then maybe thats your problem

Reaction score
i think my graphics card is Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller
i have a laptop so it is quite difficult to get more RAM, i will have a look though and see if i can, thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Red Alert 2 only requires a low spec machine, so your laptop should be fine. Can you explain a little more about the lag? Is it constant slowness, or sudden jerks?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if my old PII 450 with 8MB graphics and 128MB of RAM can Play it you should be able to, is your hard drive badly defragmented ?

Reaction score
my hard drive is fine as far as i know....
and the lag is constant lag, going extremely slow, sometimes stopping for 1 or 2 seconds, but it does go to slow even to play the game. thanks...

Reaction score
try defragmenting the hardrive ...

start > programs > accesories > system tools

and it should be there. ... although i moved it from mine to the desktop ... so not 100% sure...

if not go to search and search defragment.

maybe you have spyware, adware or something ... do a sytem scan and see if anything happens ...

has it been running in the past ok ?? or just recently ?

Reaction score
since i have had the game it has been going slow, i defragmented and it was better, but still a little slow, its playable now, but any more suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Reaction score
check for spyware and adware ...if you dont have these scanners go to www.download.com and search for

'Adaware'
and
'Spybot search and destroy'

G~MAN

Reaction score
i have done all spyware and adware things already, thanks all he same.
any more suggestions?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
what resolution are you playing at ? maybe reduce the resolution and see if that helps

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Are you running any programs in the background?

I know I sometimes leave bit-torrents connected in the background which sometimes slows down other applications I use.

I dont think it's the CPU as I used to run it on a old AMD K6 266MHz with 128Mb RAM.

Ask a Question