COM+ application is in an unstable state

M. Raab

We developed a component that uses enterprise services. the component seems
to run fine. we don't see any memory leaks.
it seems that after running for a period of time (several hours), and after
several thousands of calls (maybe even tens of thousands of calls) the
application that calls the component crashes.
the parent program and component are written in C# and run on a Windows
2003.
We have tried many things and the only thing that works is to remove the
derivation from enterprise services. but this removes the scalability that
we had hoped to achieve.
we are stumped by this. has anyone else experienced this problem? what is
the cause of it? could we be doing something wrong? is there a solution or
workaround.?
thanks for your help

Event Type: Error
Event Source: COM+
Event Category: (98)
Event ID: 4822
Date: 11/29/2004
Time: 3:50:11 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
A condition has occurred that indicates this COM+ application is in an
unstable state or is not functioning correctly. Assertion Failure:
new_cCalls > 0

Server Application ID: {61EEB7E0-E6CD-4146-9488-8C07E4827FBE}
Server Application Instance ID:
{D9A0B0EC-EE62-4EEA-B243-670478CE05A2}
Server Application Name: ProcessMessage
The serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate.
COM+ Services Internals Information:
File: d:\nt\com\complus\src\comsvcs\tracker\trkprop\trkprop.cpp, Line: 476
Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4720.130 shp

Peter Huang [MSFT]

Hi

I reviewed the thread and find that there is a similar issue in the
newsgroup below.Now I have replied to you, you may go and take a look.
Subject: COM+ application is in an unstable state
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Best regards,

Perter Huang