Collage Maker

Kerry Wannamaker

Anyone know of a program to make collages? I've a friend who wants to
do this and the BIG proggies (the ones that cost money) I think will
do it, but it's better to play with the freeware first.

Thanks,
Kerry

socrtwo

Kerry said:
Anyone know of a program to make collages? I've a friend who wants to
do this and the BIG proggies (the ones that cost money) I think will
do it, but it's better to play with the freeware first.

Thanks,
Kerry

Picasa2 - select picture -> Create Menu -> Picture Collage:
http://picasa.google.com/index.html

Pixia - Apparently does this well:
http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/

Express Collage Lite - Lets you have 10 uses. It's fully functioning
demo for those 10 tries:
http://www.expresspartners.com/download.htm

sPix - Similar idea to IPos below but probably easier:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spix.html

IPos - site is in German. Start several instances of IPos and take a
screenshot: http://www.delta-base.com/

socrtwo
www.s2services.com - freeware data recovery list

Frank Bohan

Have a look at Osiva:

<quote> Osiva is an image display and compositing tool. Use it to compare
and organize digital photos, create a slide show, animate a JPEG list, or
composite collage and dissolve effects without windows and controls getting
in the way. Images are treated as independent, tangible objects. Osiva can
also display image transparency directly on the desktop. </quote>

http://www.noping.net/kent/osiva/

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Pangram: Sympathizing would fix Quaker objectives.

Susan Bugher

Kerry said:
Anyone know of a program to make collages? I've a friend who wants to
do this and the BIG proggies (the ones that cost money) I think will
do it, but it's better to play with the freeware first.

For creating and printing a collage on the fly it I can't think of
easier than:

Program: Iomega Photo Printer
Author: Iomega
Ware: Freeware
http://download.iomega.com/english/photoprinter72web.exe

Drag and drop then rearrange as desired (.bmp and .jpg images) -
WYSIWYG. Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP

limitations: Will only show all images on NTFS partitions. A work-around
is to mount a *virtual* folder such as:

Program: MountVD
Author: Walker Brothers
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.walkerbrotherssa.com/

FAT32 partitions - does not recognize/show folders that have these
attributes set: system folders, read-only folders, hidden folders.

---------

Any drawing program that can import image files should work for making a
collage - I like this app:

Program: Zoner Draw 3
Author: Zoner
Ware: (Registerware: product key) (free) earlier version of $ware
http://www.zoner.com/

and of course you can add notes, sketches etc. etc. etc. etc.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Morgan Ohlson

Author: Walker Brothers
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.walkerbrotherssa.com/

FAT32 partitions - does not recognize/show folders that have these
attributes set: system folders, read-only folders, hidden folders.

---------

Any drawing program that can import image files should work for making a
collage - I like this app:

Program: Zoner Draw 3

Yes, I prefer also vector /object oriented applications in prior to
pixel-oriantation for this.

Arrangeing and rearrangeing is easier in this kind of applikations... my
oppinion...

Program: Inkscape
http://www.inkscape.org/download.php

Ex:
http://wiki.inkscape.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Gwyn
http://erture.webpark.pl/vinci.html
http://www.myopensource.org/multimedia/inkscape/download-review
http://jimmac.musichall.cz/weblog.php/Artwork/Inkscape
http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/09/08/1835253&from=rss

Morgan O.

M.L.

Any collage app that allows the photos to gradually blend into one
another with transparency, sort of like multiple vignettes? Thanks.

Susan Bugher

M.L. said:
Any collage app that allows the photos to gradually blend into one
another with transparency, sort of like multiple vignettes? Thanks.

I'm no expert (to say the least) but I think you could do this in a
drawing program that has layers and masks. Possibly one of these:

Program: Satori Photo XL
Author: Satori
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) v 2.29
http://tucows.mundofree.com/adnload/156897_52181.html

Program: Serif PhotoPlus 6
Author: Serif
Ware: (Registerware: product key)
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Azzman said:
@individual.net:

Shareware 3-day limit :(
Would really like to see an old freeware version of this one.

We may get this sorted out eventually. . .

Satori's site: http://www.satoripaint.com/Freewarewithdrawn.htm

still says "Satori PhotoXL 2.29 FREEWARE has been withdrawn pending
release of a new freeware version." It's said that for a few years. . .

Tucow's description page says Freeware:

http://tucows.mundofree.com/preview/156897.html

Try one of these registration codes (they used to be shown on the web
site): A3009-X785533 or A3011-X764229

If that doesn't work search for this file name: PXL229.exe and try the
same registration codes - that's also version 2.29

When you've finished report back. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

eschuylerTAKE

Susan Bugher said:
We may get this sorted out eventually. . .

Satori's site: http://www.satoripaint.com/Freewarewithdrawn.htm

still says "Satori PhotoXL 2.29 FREEWARE has been withdrawn pending
release of a new freeware version." It's said that for a few years. . .

Tucow's description page says Freeware:

http://tucows.mundofree.com/preview/156897.html

Try one of these registration codes (they used to be shown on the web
site): A3009-X785533 or A3011-X764229

If that doesn't work search for this file name: PXL229.exe and try the
same registration codes - that's also version 2.29

When you've finished report back. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

The freeware version is available at:
http://www.satoripaint.com/pair/Freeware/PXL229.exe
and the CD-Key is included in the installation file.

Regards,
Eric