Cold Spring

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Story HERE

And don't we know it. Today the temperature here has failed to get to double figures and the very cold wind off the sea makes it feel like 3-4C.

Coats, hats and gloves needed. What happened to Global Warming? :(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry, but 'global warming' will be cold, melting ice caps, as we have already seen, could actually result in a new ice age.

I don't think any 'met' office can predict the weather patterns for the next fifty years without consulting the past 5000 years ... the records are a bit sketchy back then. :)

Reaction score
The ice on Greenland is melting more and more

So much that the Island is rising upto an inch higher every year

Scary thought, That Island is massive!!

Does it have an effect on the planet?

Bloody right it does!!!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
The ice in Antarctica is at record high levels. And that is in thickness and area.

I don't think that anyone really understands what is going on. As Mucks says these things need to be measured over hundreds or thousands of years to see any meaningful results.

We won't know in our lifetimes. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, bit nippy innit?

Global warming? imo the preserve of hippies who have a guilty conscience about things they shouldn't have one about cos they ain't done nothing wrong.

Global warming? It's called the weather, our planet has always suffered extremes. Do you really think our small and insignificant species can really affect Mother Earth? maybe a teeny bit but no way in the manner the scare-mongers are preaching. Imo :)

Weather records have been kept only a short time. Earth has been about a bit longer.

Global warming? Just wait until the next huge volcano erupts.

Oi! You there! Yes you! Don't drive that car you are killing our planet you selfish person. Yeah, right.

My view and I accept I may be wrong. But I don't think so.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I don't think any 'met' office can predict the weather patterns for the next fifty years without consulting the past 5000 years .... :)

The 'met office' hardly seem to be able to predict the weather patterns for the next five minutes never mind fifty years.
The only weather reports that seem at all accurate are for shipping. :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Been lovely here today 19c and even right now its a very nice 14c out there

Must admit I don't agree with this global warming malarkey twas only in the 70's they were going on about we were entering a new ice age..
Now they say everything's melting away

I don't agree with any of it, its just a rouse to bring in extra taxes and make us all fill the coffers they keep emptying into other countries bank accounts..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's the first of June. The summer solstice is in three weeks' time and after that the evenings will start drawing in again.

However, Mr Flops will utter a cautious 'I think winter's over' cos yesterday and today have been luvverly :)

But - this is Britain, so...

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
pilotti227.png

Ask a Question