Some Pictures To Cool Us Down

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Icebergs in the Antarctic area sometimes have stripes, formed by layers of snow that react to different conditions.

Blue stripes are often created when a crevice in the ice sheet fills up with meltwater and freezes so quickly that no bubbles form.

When an iceberg falls into the sea, a layer of salty seawater can freeze to the underside. If this is rich in algae, it can form a green stripe.

Brown, black and yellow lines are caused by sediment, picked up when the ice sheet grinds downhill towards the sea.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The next pic is a frozen wave.

attachment.php

The water froze the instant the wave broke through the ice. That's what it is like in Antarctica where it is the coldest weather in decades. (What happened to global warming?)

Water freezes the instant it comes in contact with the air. The temperature of the water is already some degrees below freezing. Just look at how the wave froze in mid-air!!!

Well, hope that helped to cool you down. :D

Attachments

• Berg1.JPG
    Berg1.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 283
  • Berg2.JPG
    Berg2.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 342
  • Berg3.JPG
    Berg3.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 362
  • Berg4.JPG
    Berg4.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sometimes strikes me that whatever mankind creates, nature's already done it - and done it in spades. Great pix.

And, yes, whatever did happen to global warming? I best hush up right there... ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Global warming will produce the next Ice Age.

... nice pics, makes one wanna lick them, I can smell spearmint. :lol:

:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Awesome pictures they are. :thumb:

I had to fix the formatting on the OP, it was triggering my OCD...! lol

Ask a Question