CoD4 Tournaments -

Reaction score
Right guys - I've been thinking, i need some extra money etc, and i have a good friend (next door neighboor) who is in one of the UK's best warcraft teams and he gets sponsored, flown around the world and wins cash playing the game. (Won £6,000) a few months ago. Now that to me would be such an awesome experience.

Basically, how do i get into the tournament scene? I'm looking at CoD4 tournaments, now i don't want to seem big headed etc, but i can bet you any game i join online from start to finish, i will finish top by alot with an excellent kill/death ratio of ATLEAST 4 or 5:1. I would put money on it, however how do i go about finding a server that has like ... top level players to see how i fair against them whether it's any point going to such tournaments?

Also, say i did go to one, what happens?! Do i get to bring my mouse/keyboard/mat?! Or do i have to use their set up which might affect my performance?! Different environment might mean i suck greatly in comparison?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Belloni said:
i will finish top by alot with an excellent kill/death ratio of ATLEAST 4 or 5:1. I would put money on it,

I used to think like that to..Thought I couldn't be beatent..That is until I played my first online game of COD and got absolutely nailes, left right and center..And whats worse it was by a 12 year old..

Reaction score
Too late, COD5 ftw!

You'll be on better money labouring for a few days, watch youtube videos of tournaments and see how much they own. You'll be up against people like Fatality, good luck!

Reaction score
Not everyone is going to like CoD5 also, since CoD4 set such a high standard.

It's worth a shot anyways.

Reaction score
I recomend you join a clan first, beating random people isn't to much of a challenge. ee how you do against other clans then you will know whether or not to enter a tournament.

I think you need to pay a fee to enter a tournement in the first place

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Playing pub is a world different to playing competitive, are you talking S&D?

Teamwork, comms and so on are a must. For a start you need to get into a clan and play in some leagues or ladders. and get yourslef noticed, maybe got to the next i series and play there?

Here are some high skill servers for you to have a crack at. (CoD4) :)

85.236.101.99:29360 (Multiplay.co.uk :: Dignitas Promod Beta Server (UK))

84.244.147.73:28960 (perfectus-gaming.promod 3 s&d only 24/7 1.7)

Personally im still not sure if the competitive side of cod5 will take off, need to wait and see how PAM5 or Promod take to it. ;)

Reaction score
I normally play Team Deathmatch.

Just about to try that Mutiplay server.

EDIT: Apparantly that Multiplay server is old?! Playing the other one you said, not used to this mod they use! Will take some time me thinks.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
How you mean old?

Well that be Promod, if you wanna play competitively best get used to it. :D

Reaction score
Oh is that what they use then? Oki cool, well i said in-game "Got to get used to this new stuff" and they replied, this server is so old, nothing new.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah, i see, well promod has been around a while.. now the comp fav though over PAM4. tbh personally i think PAM4 is better as each league can have different rulesets to suite where promod is just one. No perks, no toobs etc.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ive been to a few tournys (granted they werent nationwide things) and all i I have to say it you better be ready. No matter how good you think you are - theres always someone better, so dont be a showoff. Respect the other players no matter how well they faired.

V_R has the right idea - in order to get noticed you usually have to be in an online clan or sumfin like that. Or if you and a couple of your mates think your up to it - jump right into the competive gaming scene. Find out what tournament are going on and join them - if u can get a decent ranking then maybe you have what i takes, if not... well theres always next time.

Reaction score
Yeah i'm not being big headed :)

I'm going to play non stop search and destroy to get used to dieing and not coming back straight away!

I'll keep you updated! V_R got any spaces in your clan? :p

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
What! you never played search and destroy before????

Once you can kill a whole team on that then thats when you can say you are good, or over all 7 rounds get 20+ kills and not die.

Theres also loads little tricks you will need to learn, like on the STRIKE map when you start as the marines if you run down the hill there is car thats right at the bottom, if you are on the other team you can hit that straight away with a grenade or with a noobtube and kill 2 0r 3 straight away.

Any of the tournamnets i've seen on SKY for COD4 only have them pklaying search and destroy and those guys can shoot a UGL across the map and hit thier target first time.

Goodluck

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Belloni said:
Yeah i'm not being big headed :)

I'm going to play non stop search and destroy to get used to dieing and not coming back straight away!

I'll keep you updated! V_R got any spaces in your clan? :p
link in sig mate. :)

Waynos_Face said:
Theres also loads little tricks you will need to learn, like on the STRIKE map when you start as the marines if you run down the hill there is car thats right at the bottom, if you are on the other team you can hit that straight away with a grenade or with a noobtube and kill 2 0r 3 straight away.
ya set nades are a bit part of the comp game. Oh and i know that nade, i can hit it everytime, along with many others. :D

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah theres loads, i'm still learning to be honest, i only play it on the PS3 but i topped out on the prestige, gold cross and level 55.

I know there is no prestige on the PC, but to get a gold cross if you didn't know you have to get to level 55 then start agin and get to 55 again, you do this 10 times, each time losing all perks and achievements.

Takes a while but is worth when you get loaded into a forum and people waiting to start the game end up leaving, hahahahah.

I'm pretty good and the clan i got invited into were awesome but we still got owned plenty and i still do when i play on my own. Doesn't happen often but it does.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
nah no prestige on the pc, there is in cod5 though, all you get is more custom class slots. F-ing pointless imo....

Ask a Question