Closing IE does not delete it from Task Manager

Fie Fie Niles

On this 1 machine which has IE Version 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633, when
you bring up IE and close it, IE stays on Task Manager. So, if you bring up
IE 5 times, and close all of them, you still see 5 IE on the Task Manager.
How can I fix this?

Fie Fie Niles

Thanks. I will try that.

Don Varnau said:
Search for and remove the malware that's causing this;
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Also note the security tips on that page.

Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org

Fie Fie Niles said:
On this 1 machine which has IE Version 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633, when
you bring up IE and close it, IE stays on Task Manager. So, if you bring up
IE 5 times, and close all of them, you still see 5 IE on the Task Manager.
How can I fix this?

Fie Fie Niles

Hi, I followed the instructions on http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm.
I downloaded SpyBot, scanned and fixed the items labeled in red. Then, I ran
HijackThis.exe and hit scan. I saved the scan log and copy and paste it to
the forum.
Now, I have a bigger problem. When I go to Outlook, and click on the Inbox,
the inbox showed up for a second, then it is replaced by PopNav website.
This website had replaced my homepage in IE also.

HELP !! What can I do to fix this?