A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license
for this computer.
Error code 0x80070002

After doing some research, I think that Windows doesn't recognize the
size of the new CF card, but how do I fix this? Is there a file
somewhere in the image that I can modify? I don't have the original
development platform, all I have are the files that were copied off of
the original card. I've seen some people suggesting using Target
Designer, but I don't have this program.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?

K

KM

Chris,

Without original image configuration project and without XPE Toolkit you may be out of luck trying to fix the issue.

The error message indeed usually means you didn't correctly set the partition size in Target Designer. Here you can read more
details: http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/community/community/tips/xp/partitn/default.aspx

I don't think this issue can be easy fix at run time (after FBA finished). Basically you'd need to crack Windows XP activation in
order to fix this at run time. Technically a big effort, legally won't give you any good.

Another possible reason for the error message you saw could be a mess in the drive letters. Since you copied the image directly the
C: drive letter is still assigned to the old CF card. Assuming you don't have any other storages connected to the target when you
swap CF cards I'd recommend you first to clean up MountedDevices key.
Open the image's system hive offline (use regedit\Load Hive feature of XP) and delete the [HKLM\System\MountedDevices] key. The same
you can do online at run time just before you shut down the image running on first CF card. Then you copy the image and can try to
boot it on second CF card again.

I

Isaacs.Chris

KM,

Thanks for responding. It is common practice for our company to copy
eXP images to new CF cards to run on thin clients, but we always copy
from 1GB cards to 1GB cards. This being the case, do you still think
that the drive letter assignment could be the problem?
Chris,

Without original image configuration project and without XPE Toolkit you may be out of luck trying to fix the issue.

The error message indeed usually means you didn't correctly set the partition size in Target Designer. Here you can read more
details: http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/community/community/tips/xp/partitn/default.aspx

I don't think this issue can be easy fix at run time (after FBA finished). Basically you'd need to crack Windows XP activation in
order to fix this at run time. Technically a big effort, legally won't give you any good.

Another possible reason for the error message you saw could be a mess in the drive letters. Since you copied the image directly the
C: drive letter is still assigned to the old CF card. Assuming you don't have any other storages connected to the target when you
Open the image's system hive offline (use regedit\Load Hive feature of XP) and delete the [HKLM\System\MountedDevices] key. The same
you can do online at run time just before you shut down the image running on first CF card. Then you copy the image and can try to

--
=========
Regards,
KM

I am trying to copy an existing Embedded XP image from a 1GB compact
flash card to a larger 2GB compact flash card. When I copy the files
over to the new card and boot, I get this error message when Windows is
starting:

for this computer.
Error code 0x80070002

K

KM

Chris,

I don't really think he drive letter assignment is your issue but it doesn't hurt to fix it anyway and then retest the copying
procedure.
Most likely the issue you are seeing is due to the broken image activation settings.

--
=========
Regards,
KM

KM,

Thanks for responding. It is common practice for our company to copy
eXP images to new CF cards to run on thin clients, but we always copy
from 1GB cards to 1GB cards. This being the case, do you still think
that the drive letter assignment could be the problem?
Chris,

Another possible reason for the error message you saw could be a mess in the drive letters. Since you copied the image directly
the
Open the image's system hive offline (use regedit\Load Hive feature of XP) and delete the [HKLM\System\MountedDevices] key. The
same
you can do online at run time just before you shut down the image running on first CF card. Then you copy the image and can try
to

--
=========
Regards,
KM

I am trying to copy an existing Embedded XP image from a 1GB compact
flash card to a larger 2GB compact flash card. When I copy the files
over to the new card and boot, I get this error message when Windows is
starting:

for this computer.
Error code 0x80070002

Ask a Question