Clipboard command line options

G

Does anyone know if there are command line options for clipbrd.exe whic
runs under XP. When I start clipboard it always goes to ClipBook window whe
I would like to go to clipboard
Thank You very much.

G

ClipBook now has two functions: ClipBook itself for long storage of clipboard info and "old" ClipBoard for temporary sorage. When application starts, by default it goes into ClipBook window. I need to change the default view to ClipBoard window. I thought, there should be a command line option (like /something) to display ClipBoard window on startup.
Any idea? Help!

W

Wesley Vogel

Steeve;
I can't find anything. Maybe it's related to with ClipBook ClipSrv, the
Service.
I've got mine disabled. Are you on a network?

J

JD

Apropos the "old" Clipboard, one of the things I miss in WinXP is the
ability to clear the clipboard without rebooting. Is there a way to do this
on XP?

G

I just want somebody to verify that there really are users in Windows XP Home Edition who actually can see a "local clipbook" windows when they open clipbrd.exe. I only get the clipboard window when I open clipbrd.exe. I have posted my question in various places and the only responses I get are from other people who can't get a local clipbook window in XP. If there is anybody who does get a local clipbook window I would like to try to find out what the difference is between their system and my system so I can try to fix the problem.

To begin with, my clipbrd.exe has a size of 97K and a modification date of 8/29/2002 7:00 am. Is that the same as the one that shows the local clipbook window? What about Microsoft updates -- is there a reliable way to compare what updates we have installed? Help, please!

----- Steeve S. wrote: -----

Does anyone know if there are command line options for clipbrd.exe which
runs under XP. When I start clipboard it always goes to ClipBook window when
I would like to go to clipboard.
Thank You very much.

W

Wesley Vogel

JD;
I added a shortcut in my Start Menu.
Open ClipBook Viewer | click the [X] on the Toolbar | Yes.
=================================
[Submitted by George Nebeker, Bothell, Washington

Remember the old Clipboard Viewer? It's also called the ClipBook Viewer in
Windows XP. The ClipBook Viewer shows you the information you have copied to
the Clipboard. You can store information permanently in your Local ClipBook and
share it with other users. The Local ClipBook opens when you start ClipBook
Viewer.

The ClipBook Viewer isn't listed in the Accessories folder on the Start menu in
Windows XP, so you might want to create a shortcut to it on your desktop:

Right-click your desktop, point to New, and then click Shortcut.
In the location field, type C:WINDOWS\system32\clipbrd.exe.
Click Next to give it a name, then click Finish and you're all set.]

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/tips/march/nebeker1.asp

G

Cannot say about home version of XP. Mine is XP Pro and I get local clipbook as a primary window.

G

There is a "Delete" command under Edit menu. It clear the content of a clipboard. There is also a button on toolbar with "X", which does the same
Again, my XP is professional. May be home edition clipboard viewer is somewhat different?

G

Sorry I can't help you with your original problem; mine at present is the opposite, or worse

But could you tell me the size and date of your clipbrd.exe? Mine is 97K at 8/29/2002 7:00 am. If yours is different, would it be absolutely cheating for you to send me a copy of yours? If it's the same, I'll have to do something else

Also: in Control Panel / System I see Home Edition, version 2002, Service Pack 1. Do you have any service packs

Thanks. If I could only get to where I have your problem, I might be able to work on that one

----- Steeve S. wrote: ----

Cannot say about home version of XP. Mine is XP Pro and I get local clipbook as a primary window.

Ask a Question