Clients can't connect

G

Hello

i installed a brandnew W2k-Server as DC and TS-Services on it ('cause it is the only Server
we use old Windows 98-Machines as client, i got allways the error message, the connection is closed
cause of a network error. :-( I can connect to shared folders, and can ping the server
I checked that user are allowed to connect to this server local also. The TS-Profile config of the user
looks also normal

I have expirience with TS NT4.0 and also with TS 2000, but i could find the solution

Thanks in advanced for your hel

Best regard

Werne

G

You'll need

1. An activated Terminal Services Licensing Service on the DC with a TSCAL for each client compute
2. Modify the Default Domain Controllers policy and assign the users (or a group they belong to) the "Logon Locally Right

Terminal Services how tos
http://www.workthin.com/tshta.ht

Patrick Rous
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Serve
http://www.workthin.co

----- Werner ST wrote: ----

Hello

i installed a brandnew W2k-Server as DC and TS-Services on it ('cause it is the only Server
we use old Windows 98-Machines as client, i got allways the error message, the connection is closed
cause of a network error. :-( I can connect to shared folders, and can ping the server
I checked that user are allowed to connect to this server local also. The TS-Profile config of the user
looks also normal

I have expirience with TS NT4.0 and also with TS 2000, but i could find the solution

Thanks in advanced for your hel

Best regard

Werne

G

Hello again

1.)I know that I need TSCAL for each Client, but in the moment it runs without license-server activated
So each client should get a temporary license. The licensing-service is running

2.) Modify the Default Domain Controllers policy and assign the users (or a group they belong to) the "Logon Locally Right
I had done that allready......and it didn't work....

Any other ideas, may it possible that there is a problem, when in the client-ipconfiguration the name of the client had a other domain than the domain the TS manage (i.e. name client: pc021.xxx.com name T
: TS200.yyy.com) because the TS is installed for Wokgroup/Domain and not for Organisation. I will try to rename the clients to yyy.com

best regard

Werne

V

Vera Noest [MVP]

Have you checked the EventLog on your TS? Chances are that you get
more information there.
Domain membership should not make a difference, and you seem to
have basic network connectivity.

Ask a Question