Clear Passwords button does not work in IE6

Bill Cleveland

In Tools/Internet Options/Content/Autocomplete Settings, the "Clear
Passwords" button does not seem to clear passwords in IE6. The hour glass
stays on continuously, and then IE does not respond. Can the passwords be
deleted manually?

Thanks, Bill

DVarnau

Bill,
With IE not open.
Run REGEDIT and make your way to this key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\SPW]
Export that key (just in case you wish to undo the change) then delete it-
just the SPW key.
A reboot may be necessary- I'm not sure.

Regards,
Don

Bill Cleveland

Thanks, Don. It worked!

Bill

--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
d.varnau[at]lycos[dot]com

.