CLEANING UP QUOTES IN EMAILS

sammy12

I wanted to use something like a plug in in Eudora whereby you didn't have
to cut and paste to something else but just click remove quotes when
forwarding of email in front of you like Eudora allowed. You software
recommendation works but extra effort...thanks

Gary VanderMolen

I've seen some reports that OE-QuoteFix does not work properly
on Vista computers. If anyone is using it successfully with
Windows Mail, let us know.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

VistaRookie said:
sammy12
You're welcome. Did you see this post? Might be more like what you
want?

'Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I said:
I have read (but have NOT verified) that this will work with Windows
Mail:

OE-QuoteFix

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (e-mail address removed)

VistaRookie
VistaRookie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/vistarookie.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-mail/1035214.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Jimvee

sammy12 said:
Thunderbird which I believe is close to live mail has the following addon
clean the >>>> off forwarded email

I can cope with the >>>> but those vertical blue lines are driving me crazy.
Any suggestions on getting rid of THEM?

Jim

Gary VanderMolen

While in the compose screen, change the text format from HTML to
plain text. That will remove the vertical blue quote line. Then you can
then switch back to HTML if you want.

Jimvee

"Gary VanderMolen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
While in the compose screen, change the text format from HTML to
plain text. That will remove the vertical blue quote line. Then you can
then switch back to HTML if you want.

Thanks. That's been working pretty good, except that it also deletes all the
graphics
in the offending message. I can cope with replacing the pictures, but don't
know
how to get some of the colored fonts (orange) back.

I'm super thankful that MY quotes don't make the blue lines. Where are they
being
created tho? I'd like to take a stab at getting people upstream to STOP IT!!

The blue lines don't seem to be an option in Windows Mail.....

Jim

Gary VanderMolen

The blue vertical lines are created by both Windows Mail and Windows
Live Mail when sending, and all three of the following conditions exist:
a) the original message is being quoted
b) the format is HTML.
c) the "Indent message on reply" option is being used.

Jimvee

Gary VanderMolen said:
The blue vertical lines are created by both Windows Mail and Windows
Live Mail when sending, and all three of the following conditions exist:
a) the original message is being quoted
b) the format is HTML.
c) the "Indent message on reply" option is being used.

Ooh! That "c" gives me the creeps. That's gotta be
the thorn in my side. I'm gonna ask Bill (Gates) to
remove that from his next update.......

Thanks for the info.

Jim

J. SHANNON

When you are inside the email with the blue lines - go to "view" - and click
on source edit. A page will come up with all of the formatting for the
document you are on.

You have to look closely and you will see "Border Left........" within the
source edit. Delete all of the "Border Left......" and the blue lines will
disappear. The "Border Left" items will be all through the formatting of
the document so in order to get all of them, you have to review all of the
formatting. Count the number of blue lines and you will know how many there
are to delete.

You sometimes have to look hard at the source to find the border left
message but once you delete all of them - the blue lines will be gone.
After you have deleted all of the border left "things" go back to view -
source edit and close it. Your email should be clean of the blue lines if
you have deleted all of the border left formatting.

You can also preview your email to see if you "got" all of the left borders.

paladin

Gary VanderMolen said:
The blue vertical lines are created by both Windows Mail and Windows
Live Mail when sending, and all three of the following conditions exist:
a) the original message is being quoted
b) the format is HTML.
c) the "Indent message on reply" option is being used.

My problem is quote-related, but different. I "read all messages in plain
text" and have WM set up to both read and send in plain text (I'm not a
trusting sort, and don't care for HTML mail anyway).

My problem is that the "Indent the original text with ">"..." does not work.
No matter whether it is checked or not there is no indentation of any kind
and no indication of which part of the message is being replied to and which
is the reply. I often use interthreading in my replies and this is
problematic.

Any solution?

cheers,
scott

Gary VanderMolen

Chances are, you are seeing this inability to indent with '>' only with
certain messages. Windows Mail (like OE before it) is unable to
indent messages sent with Quoted-Printable format. That deficiency
has been fixed in Windows Live Mail, to which you are welcome to
upgrade: http://download.live.com/wlmail