Classic Start Menu: Is there a way to remove and/or personalize the vertical text?

T

t.cruise

Is there a way to remove and/or edit the words: Windows XP Home Edition from the left side
of the Classic Start menu? I did it with Windows 98. If I remember correctly, I had to
create a new BMP file of certain dimensions, and use Adobe Photoshop to create a layer of
vertical text, give the new file the same name as the old one, change the extension for
the old file, and put the new one in the same location. Is the method for the Classic
Start menu in Windows XP the same? If so, does anyone know the name and location of the
BMP file?

T.C.

S

shawn modersohn

t.cruise said:
Is there a way to remove and/or edit the words: Windows XP Home Edition from the left side
of the Classic Start menu? I did it with Windows 98. If I remember correctly, I had to
create a new BMP file of certain dimensions, and use Adobe Photoshop to create a layer of
vertical text, give the new file the same name as the old one, change the extension for
the old file, and put the new one in the same location. Is the method for the Classic
Start menu in Windows XP the same? If so, does anyone know the name and location of the
BMP file?

T.C.

Try searching for *.bmp in the system folder. It might give you an idea
of what to look for.

Ask a Question