Christmas Shopping?

Reaction score
So have people started, mid-way or finished their Christmas shopping?

I've managed to do everyone in the last week.:thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I'm the ultimate Xmas shopping hater.:nod:

I have a wonderful daughter who is the ultimate (any) shopping lover.

It seems to work out really well. :D All my shopping comleted a couple of weeks ago, so I'm told.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Christmas week groceries are already on order - courtesy of Sainsbury's home deliveries. Most other shopping has been done via the net too ... not a fan of crowds. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Lemme see.

Six cards sent.

Money stuffed into various envelopes.

£25.00 given to Sylvie & Crane to pay for food and drink at their gaff on Christmas Day.

Sorted :)

Reaction score
I only buy for my son Lucas really, he only 2 and 3month's now so don't even get him too much then. I do put some money in a card for his three cousins as a good will gesture probs a tenner each.
So all in all about £60 - £70 this year

My family has come to the understanding that christmas means family and friends not materialism. As for card I think they are a complete and utter waste of money unless as I said before they are holding money or a shopping voucher of some kind

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Almost got everything done now, just 2 more things to buy and then it's all sorted :) I'm really looking forward to seeing all the family again, as it's been months since there's been a meet.

Reaction score
Hi Folks....i spent a bundle so far this year....biggest buys being a new netbook for me mam and a power lung exerciser for me dad(what he wanted) and a new moby for 'er indoors. Dont need much more thank god. Dont think i want anything for meself except some peace n quiet lol.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
All done on-line. Trouble is you always add a little something for yourself to take advantage of the postage.
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Bought all presents in Sweden in November(round 12th nov) Except my wife of course and still haven´t been able to find something for her. :(

Have a limit for 45 pounds. Would love to have more but we always have limits and since we just bought a "42 LCD my budget went down.
We have been together for almost 9 yrs, married for 3 1/2 and still I don´t have a clue what to give her. :(
Same problem every year.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
It gets worse as time goes on. ;)

My wife has EVERYTHING, and when it comes to clothes she has ten of everything. :D

Reaction score
nivrip said:

My wife has EVERYTHING, and when it comes to clothes she has ten of everything. :D

God, that sucks. Wth should I buy, we live in Norway and it isn't cheap.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
juliusvf said:
Bought all presents in Sweden in November(round 12th nov) Except my wife of course and still haven´t been able to find something for her. :(

Have a limit for 45 pounds. Would love to have more but we always have limits and since we just bought a "42 LCD my budget went down.
We have been together for almost 9 yrs, married for 3 1/2 and still I don´t have a clue what to give her. :(
Same problem every year.

How about something creative, does she like to make things? I went to an art shop and got my mum things to make candles with, but they had lots of interesting things there that might inspire you.

Or you could get tickets to an event that she's interested in?

Just some ideas I thought I'd throw out there to try and help :). I'm normally stuck for ideas too!

Reaction score
nivrip said:

erything

Yeah mate i know what ya mean, my missus also has everything...the other thing is, she knows everything too lol.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hmmm... just to redress the balance ;) When it comes to gift-buying, the male of the species can be pretty difficult to buy for too!! Lol

I don't like to go down the boring route of socks, etc., and always try to think of something a lot more inspiring, but there comes a time when the man in your life seems to have everything too!

.... Oh, and after my little grey cells have gone into overdrive trying to think of a Christmas gift, he has a birthday in January! :eek:
laughingsmiley.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
captain zed said:
My dad's birthday is the 8th of Jan....Capricorn, i think....

Yes you're correct; Terry's is on 31st, making him an Aquarius. ;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
think of a Christmas gift, he has a birthday in January! :eek:
laughingsmiley.gif

That sounds near enough to Xmas to give him a combined Xmas and birthday gift. ;)

I get a combined gift some years and my birthday is in June ! :p

Ask a Question