ChkDsk

G

I am having issues with chkdsk running when I start up. It doesn't find anything. FSutil dirty query shows the volume as dirty, defrag says that I need to run chkdsk /f, and when I go to the command prompt and issue the command I get the following info: Cannot lock current drive. Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. How do I determine what process this is so that I can stop it and get chkdsk to run? Any help is greatly appreciated.

B

Bob

Run chkdsk from the command console.
bmiller said:
I am having issues with chkdsk running when I start up. It doesn't find
anything. FSutil dirty query shows the volume as dirty, defrag says that I
need to run chkdsk /f, and when I go to the command prompt and issue the
command I get the following info: Cannot lock current drive. Chkdsk cannot
run because the volume is in use by another process. How do I determine
what process this is so that I can stop it and get chkdsk to run? Any help
is greatly appreciated.

D

dev

/bmiller/ said:
I am having issues with chkdsk running when I start up. It doesn't find anything. FSutil dirty query shows the volume as dirty, defrag says that I need to run chkdsk /f, and when I go to the command prompt and issue the command I get the following info: Cannot lock current drive. Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. How do I determine what process this is so that I can stop it and get chkdsk to run? Any help is greatly appreciated.

There's a good deal of CHKDSK info on Kelly's site, linked below. Take a
look, under "C". Scroll down.

Ask a Question