Chistmas Drink?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Weatherspoons? Our local Greenwich Spoonies is called the Giro Bar :D

Still, the beer's OK, so they tell me ;)

Two questions - could I park up overnight OK and are there any bed & breakfasts or cheap hotels nearby? Or failing that, a local dosser's haunt and some nice dry cardboard boxes?

Other than that - probably :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Techy, would the one on deansgate be a bit better? Only 10 mins walk further but much nicer inside and just as cheap :)

Floppy, I'm pretty sure there will be some good parking close by - there are loads of NCP car parks all over the place here in the town. I'll see if I can find some cheap B&B/hotels nearby, TravelLodge have a great offer on but it only lasts either side of Christmas by a couple of days.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm in town quite a bit, so I'll have a look out. There are a lot of business-style hotels that offer cheap rates at weekends, and they're within staggering distance of the pubs ;)

Reaction score
dodn't know there was a weatherspoons in deansgate!, i'll go whereever ian, beer's beer to me. just thinking picadilly because it's near the train station.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Techy said:
dodn't know there was a weatherspoons in deansgate!, i'll go whereever ian, beer's beer to me. just thinking picadilly because it's near the train station.
Ah ok, yeah there is a much bigger nicer one in Deansgate (its right at the top) and its called "The Moon Underwater". I think it was/is the biggest wetherspoons pub in Britain.

Once its gets closer to the time we can finalise the place and time etc...

Drinks are on me ;) Well, till my money runs out!

Looking forward to this!

Reaction score
Can you get there Chris?

I can't, it is too far up for me!

How many people can be there?

Reaction score
Where is Deansgate?

I believe i would have a hard time convincing my mummy and daddy to let me go believe it or not, they would see it as me going up to some place to meet a load of who in their eyes are complete strangers.

I can't see them letting me do that actually.

Maybe christmas drink 2005 i can make :) I'll be bout 18 then.

Just make sure you take lots of pictures :D

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Ah ok, yeah there is a much bigger nicer one in Deansgate (its right at the top) and its called "The Moon Underwater". I think it was/is the biggest wetherspoons pub in Britain.

Once its gets closer to the time we can finalise the place and time etc...

Drinks are on me ;) Well, till my money runs out!

Looking forward to this!

"The moon over water", across the road from my current favorite coffee shop (in England) and right next door to a great tapas place called "La Tasca" which is great for some cheap grub.

Reaction score
Same here Chris...

one of this lot here could be a mass murderer...

OK, just to put my parents at rest, are there any mudreres, robbers, or any thing like that here?

That may let them let me go!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
so who killed her mum?
Lord Fotherington Smythely-Smythe, fifth Earl of S****horpe. Whilst on a shooting party at Scarborough Beach with his faithful man-servant Alf Watkins.

One shot from a 1645 Blunderbus, straight through the heart.

Well, you asked :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
ROFLMFAO!! Look what the censor done to that there Northern Town.... hehehehehehe, oooooo, stop it, no.... ahhhhhhhhh... fits of giggles....

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
ROFLMFAO!! Look what the censor done to that there Northern Town.... hehehehehehe, oooooo, stop it, no.... ahhhhhhhhh... fits of giggles....
Come on Flops, it is 10:30, and you still have not had your medication??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Where is Deansgate?

I believe i would have a hard time convincing my mummy and daddy to let me go believe it or not, they would see it as me going up to some place to meet a load of who in their eyes are complete strangers.

I can't see them letting me do that actually.

Maybe christmas drink 2005 i can make :) I'll be bout 18 then.

Just make sure you take lots of pictures :D
I can see their point, as it is quite a distance away! Once you are 18 then we'll have another ;)

Ask a Question