Bargain Cheap Laptop bargain £299

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Bargain :)

And it's actually still in stock.

Most of the time the deals that Bigpockets mails me are sold out whenever I look :(

Reaction score
For those that live in London or close to, Tottenham Court Road is also a good place for good cheap computers...Go with £££'s in yer hand and you can pick up decent spec machines for next to nothing...Buy without OS and they are even cheaper..

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
and i thought everyone thought i used to plug Bigpockets? great find m8 .
They do have good stuff at times
even the boss looks twice at the beef jerky :p

Reaction score
And they haven't changed much since they became Acer either..I spend most days reapiring Acer laptops..Not fun...

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
And they haven't changed much since they became Acer either..I spend most days reapiring Acer laptops..Not fun...

nice
sort of related question then.

I got a HP laptop the when I put a ethernet cable into the RJ45 port it is loose and comes out.

How easy or difficult is it to open up that laptop and replace the RJ45 plug connector?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
My bro has dismantled his HP Easynote as it fails to work, it looks like you can undo the back of the ethernet port and possibly swap the inside of the plug, but as for replacing the whole port, its soldered and riveted on.

Reaction score
psd99 said:
How easy or difficult is it to open up that laptop and replace the RJ45 plug connector?

Erm thats a good one..I have never had to do that..I have heard of other people saying the cavles fall out..But when I ask them what cables they are using, tis mostly cheap lower grade cables..As for replaceing the whole part..I would rather leave that to somebody who does that sort of thing on a daily basis..As I could imagine there been quite a bit of heat transfer when un-soldring the connector..
As for how easy or difficult...I suppose it's one of those things that get easier the more often you do it..First few I did I managed to damage cases...

Reaction score
cheers lads

I don't like the idea of opening her up and soldering her

might just bare it or get myself a pcmia ethernet card

Ask a Question