Cheap Games server slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
Er, is UKGame.com/neilrbowen not slightly spamming this site with their own site???

If any of us thought the guy was spamming, we'd have deleted the links.

Feckit, let us deal with spam and spammers, ok, it is becoming an obsession with you.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
I'm only using the freedom of speech to voice my own view on this subject, if you dont like it tough!
So what if i have a problem with spammers would you prefer i did nothing about it & let these scumbags get away with free advertising?

There's a difference between freedom of speech and being an irritant.

This thread was originally started by a regular forum member who we trust with a link to a service that some forum members may be interested in.

The guy who runs that service replied, giving details. Had this guy posted cold promoting his service, he would be classed a spammer, his thread deleted and he would have been banned.

But he didn't, he responded to interest shown in the service he offers.

That is NOT spamming. Furthermore neilrbowen is very likely not a scumbag, that's a scurrilous accusation and I suggest you apologise to him.

And if it means you not rubbing everybody up the wrong way YES I would prefer it if you left the spam cleaning to the Admins and Mods, thank you, it's what we're here for.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's ok in this case as it was commenting and feedback on a thread about his company, rather than self-promotional :thumb:

Reaction score
I apologise to ANYONE who is offended with my comments made earlier.
As this forum is my home from home in cyber space i like to think I’m doing my bit to protect it.
So to neilrbowen, floppybootstomp & anyone else I’m sorry if my comments upset anyone, they were not meant to.

Reaction score
Haha,

I didn't realise this thread had got so big.

In response to V_R, we do charge VAT we have too as we are well over the threshold, but the prices we "quote" are the inclusive of vat price.

And no i'm not here to spam :p

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Sorry to post in a thread that is (just over) a month old, but have found no-one else talking about this.

I was wondering whether any of you guys on here have heard anymore about UKGAME or have given it a go yet, since the last posting. If so, what do you think?
I think we agree that the prices quoted for these game servers are very attractive, but obviously we ask "what's the catch?".
Neil Bowen (from UKGAME) has of course posted on here himself to clarify a few things.

I'm slightly confused though. Maybe you guys might know, or even Neil himself may be able to enlighten me.
Why does a site with a postal address of 'London SW6' (Fulham), and saying:
"While many of our competitors are opting to host further outside of london in areas such as Maidenhead (and even manchester!) almost all of the bandwidth in the UK has to run back to Central London, this means added latency and worse performance to your servers.
We have based our servers at higher cost in central london and furthermore we picked one hell of a network, we are connecting all our servers directly into this network at 1 Gbit speeds, there are no sub switches or low end routers between you and this backbone!"
have all their server IPs resolving to Bolton?
Anybody have any ideas? :confused: Thanks

Reaction score
Hi There,

This is because the bandwidth providers central office is in Bolton which is where the IPS are registered to. The acctual servers are located in our racks in Stratford, east London.

A good ping for a test ping to would be 195.90.99.9 or 89.238.152.200 , you'll notice the first ip address is assigned in ripe (www.ripe.net) to BB Dev Ltd our company directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question