Cheap Games server slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
How does that work then? It's something I know little about.

At the regular price of 49p a slot is that a monthly fee inc VAT?

And does that mean if I wanted to open a 20 slot CoD2 server it would cost me a tenner a month?

Cos I can't find any CoD2 servers to play deathmatch with all maps and all weapons, they all seem customised or rifles only.

My other forum actually has a server that meets those requirements but it's in Texas which means my ping is 160 and the time difference means there's rarely anybody on it during my waking hours.

Reaction score
Im not sure but it seemed cheap to me?

Maybe a minimum amount of slots per server i'm not sure

Maybe a phone call would be in order?

Im taking for granted 1 slot = 1 player?

It does say inc VAT doesnt it?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Those prices are before VAT @ 15%.

That is very cheap for the spec of the systems they are touting..... I'd be interested in playing on one of there servers, gonna go and try a test server in a bit.... Not sure how their making money tbh....

and ya TD one slot is one player. :)

Reaction score
So its a good post then?

I wasnt sure you see so thats why i brought it out into open.
Get some opinions as I know a few lieke yaself V_R play multi quite a lot

BTW just had another look see and it does state

"Change host now and you will benefit from our crazy prices! Pay just £0.49 per slot (inc. VAT)"

SO only if your on a server already and change over to them?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i'm curious.....

I run three game servers (2 CoD5, 30 Slot, 32 slot and a Cod4 20 slot server) + a 20 slot teamspeak server from Gaming Deluxe. Im not saying what i pay but its not the standard rate.

The thing about changing GSP is that you cant take your ip with you, and them your new server will be ranked very low, meaning it may not be seen in the server list. so all the hard work done before will be wasted. :)

I cant help thinking their boxes are going to be overloaded or their network is ropey etc... I also notice they are brand new, so will they last?

Im gonna do some digging....

Reaction score
I understand mate but money is money and eventually if your team is good you will work your way back up again :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, its more numbers on servers tbh mate. ;)

Im very happy with GD, w00ders a good lad and Servers are top notch, and when needed support etc is fantastic. :D

i'd be cautious as they have just started up, many GSP's go under quickly.....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alright V_R, bottom line, how much on average monthly to run a 20 slot server?

Don't be shy :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, depends where you rent from, what game, and a few other things. Going by what you said above, i guess CoD2. :)

So off the shelf from Gaming Deluxe it would be £16 a month.

Dedifrag is £20 straight up.

Jolt is £20
http://www.cybernetic-servers.co.uk/Call_of_Duty_2.html
From them in TD's post it well be £10.35 a month, less if you pay by 3 or 6 months at a time... But i'm still not sure tbh. Something dont seem right... Its too cheap, the hardware or network must be overloaded.

...and of course their are others out there, some better than others. but IMO you cant beat Gaming Deluxe.

Would you want to run a mod and custom maps? Coz then you would need redirect space. What about voice comms? You get a free teamspeak server with your game server at GD, equal to the slots on the server.

Debranding? That will cost another £3-4ish quid depending on GSP.

W2K3 or Linux? If you use a 2003 box then you can use TCAdmin (Demo on right, choose 'user') Linux boxes have a basic control panel. Oh and Linux binaries are always slow to be released, the WAW binaries aint even out yet!!! :eek:
Tbh not an issue with CoD2 as it probably wont see another patch now.

You will need an FTP client, i use SmartFTP. Filzilla is free. This is how you do most of the work, uploading configs, mods and/or maps, downloading PB screenshots etc.

So there you go mate, take your pick, there are plenty of other GSP's out there, i've quited the ones that are off the top of my head considered as the better ones.

Reaction score
Wow lots to consider then!!
I never thought it was that complicated tbh

Are you gonna mail/call them? Get some info?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am the owner of UKGame.com, we are infact backed by our Sister company which deals in online advertising and is very profitable.

It is something i wanted to get back into, and as a result we are not expecting to turn a profit until we have sold 500 game servers, but it is something we can afford to do!

We are not overloaded, there is nothing dodgy, and our prices are inclusive of VAT.

Right now we have even more off and a 6 month deal lands our servers at www.ukgame.com at just £0.38 per slot so a 20 man server on a 6 month prepay is just £7.60 per month.

But you can of course test our servers from the list at http://www.ukgame.com/server_list/servers.html before you buy any or read some feedback on our forums which i won't post an url too incase the forum owners don't like it.

All our servers are public and there is no extra for debranding you are free to do this if you choose! And no as someone above said, our hardware is not overloaded and neither is our network we have over 10,000 Mbits spare at present and our most loaded box is using 9% cpu at peak currently.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thats fantastic Neil and thankyou for filling us in. Can I ask did someone give you the heads up about our thread in PCR?

As for posting URL's you are correct thankyou. The man to speak to however is Ian Cunningham

I hope some of us will be able to join you soon. Time and money permitting :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sorry i've been away for the weekend, missed this earlier. :)
neilrbowen said:
Hi Guys,

I am the owner of UKGame.com, we are infact backed by our Sister company which deals in online advertising and is very profitable.

It is something i wanted to get back into, and as a result we are not expecting to turn a profit until we have sold 500 game servers, but it is something we can afford to do!

We are not overloaded, there is nothing dodgy, and our prices are inclusive of VAT.
Interesting, whos the other company? BB-Dev?

Inclusive of VAT you say, so whats this?

206bla1.png

neilrbowen said:
Right now we have even more off and a 6 month deal lands our servers at www.ukgame.com at just £0.38 per slot so a 20 man server on a 6 month prepay is just £7.60 per month.

But you can of course test our servers from the list at http://www.ukgame.com/server_list/servers.html before you buy any or read some feedback on our forums which i won't post an url too incase the forum owners don't like it.

All our servers are public and there is no extra for debranding you are free to do this if you choose! And no as someone above said, our hardware is not overloaded and neither is our network we have over 10,000 Mbits spare at present and our most loaded box is using 9% cpu at peak currently.

Your deals are a very good price, but i've seen many GSP's go under due to not making a profit, (www.sourceservers.com being one.)

Good luck with UK Game, i may be intouch... :)

Reaction score
I suppose the interest this thread has brought has given him the right to comment on his own site. He is only confirming questions/comments that have been brought up

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
feckit said:
Er, is UKGame.com/neilrbowen not slightly spamming this site with their own site???
Your obsessed with spam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question