changing regular foldes to web folders.

G

hello, I had some problems just publishing my site from the net to machine some problem with the "vti_" folders and frontpage wouldnt publish. So I just ftped the files from my web provider onto a folder in my system. Now frontpage wont open it as a web. What do I need to do to get FP to turn the folder into a web folder. What I tried to do was open the folder and tell it to publish all the files to a new folder but this created chaos with hyperlinks cause they were still referring to original folder. What am I doing wrong? Please help with the folder issue. thanks mat

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Crash_Gordon=AE?=

Open Webs, not folders.
Don't use FTP, use Publish.
Not doing the above is what is most likely causing your problems.

| hello, I had some problems just publishing my site from the net to machine some problem with the "vti_" folders and frontpage wouldnt publish. So I just ftped the files from my web provider onto a folder in my system. Now frontpage wont open it as a web. What do I need to do to get FP to turn the folder into a web folder. What I tried to do was open the folder and tell it to publish all the files to a new folder but this created chaos with hyperlinks cause they were still referring to original folder. What am I doing wrong? Please help with the folder issue. thanks matt
|
|

Ask a Question