Changing name of Outlook Today

MHL

How do I change the name of Outlook Today. Not "Outlook Today", but the name
of the account displayed. I can't change it in Properties.
--
Michael

Windows 7 RC
IE 8
Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest)
Office 2007 (latest)

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

What type of email account do you have? The name can't be changed for
Exchange and outlook connector. you can change the display name of the pst
by right clicking on the folder and choosing properties, advanced.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

MHL

It is a Windows Live account and a Comcast account both in the same Data
File.

Unfortunately, I can't go to that folder because of that, I guess. I just
want it to say Email or Mail.

Thank you very much.

MHL said:
How do I change the name of Outlook Today. Not "Outlook Today", but the
name of the account displayed. I can't change it in Properties.
--
Michael

Windows 7 RC
IE 8
Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest)
Office 2007 (latest)

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

And the same data file is the one live creates? The name can't be changed on
it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

MHL said:
How do I change the name of Outlook Today. Not "Outlook Today", but the
name of the account displayed. I can't change it in Properties.
--
Michael

Windows 7 RC
IE 8
Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest)
Office 2007 (latest)

MHL

Ok, so you can't change the name of ""xxxxxx" - Outlook Today"

??

"MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message
How do I change the name of Outlook Today. Not "Outlook Today", but the
name of the account displayed. I can't change it in Properties.
--
Michael

Windows 7 RC
IE 8
Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest)
Office 2007 (latest)

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

How do I change the name of Outlook Today. Not "Outlook Today", but the name
of the account displayed. I can't change it in Properties.

Outlook Today doesn't really display an account name, although in some cases
it may appear that way. It displays the data store name.