Changing MAILTO protocol

C

Cyn

I thought I had it licked when the Windows Mail "Make Default" button finally wasn't "grayed out" anymore. But...when I clicked on a link in an email...Windows Mail still popped up. So I tried to change it from Set Defaults, and found two things:

1. I can't "uncheck" the Mailto and one other protocol no matter how hard I try
2. When I try to change the program that handles that, Incredimail, the client I want, doesn't show up in the little window as it did above in the area that lets you change file associations.

I'm totally stumped! Vista knows Incredimail is there, but won't give up that protocol!

Anyone have a solution to THIS one? Thought I was home free...

S

Steve Cochran

You'd have to ask the Incredimail people. You can try putting in the path to the exe of that program, but the particular parameters are going to depend on how its programmed, so you have to ask them.

steve

I thought I had it licked when the Windows Mail "Make Default" button finally wasn't "grayed out" anymore. But...when I clicked on a link in an email...Windows Mail still popped up. So I tried to change it from Set Defaults, and found two things:

2. When I try to change the program that handles that, Incredimail, the client I want, doesn't show up in the little window as it did above in the area that lets you change file associations.

I'm totally stumped! Vista knows Incredimail is there, but won't give up that protocol!

J

Jonathan Yaniv

Hello,

Incredimail doesn't seem to work as it should with Vista. I would just uninstall Incredimail.

--

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows LiveT Butterfly Expert

Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/

C

Cyn

I did uninstall it, and downloaded the beta Incredimail suggested. It works beautifully. The ONLY issue, still, is that Windows Mail will not relinquish its hold on email and Net links. I just...copy the address and use Incredimail anyway!

--
Cynthia Dagnal Myron
Faculty
Axia/Western International University
Associate Programs
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
520-241-0126
Pacific Time

Hello,

Incredimail doesn't seem to work as it should with Vista. I would just uninstall Incredimail.

--

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows LiveT Butterfly Expert

Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/

Ask a Question