changing language

  • Start date Start date

I want to change from German ( operating system language) to english. Its
clear from previous few messages that, I will have to purchase english
version of it and perform clean installation. Can I do this by just putting
the english version CD into CD drive and ask the computer to install it? Or I
must format the old German version first and then install English version?

Mr/Ms CDO Poster, check your previous replies. However, if you are reading
this:

For a better way to access these newsgroups look here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];newswhelp

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"installation of OS for language change" <installation of OS for language
news:[email protected]...

Just use the English version to perform the format and clean install.

"installation of OS for language change" <installation of OS for language
news:[email protected]...

In installation of OS for language change <installation of OS for
language (e-mail address removed)> typed:
I want to change from German ( operating system language) to
english.
Its clear from previous few messages that, I will have to
purchase
english version of it and perform clean installation. Can I do
this
by just putting the english version CD into CD drive and ask
the
computer to install it? Or I must format the old German version
first
and then install English version?

The fact that your old version is German isn't relevant. You
don't have to format first; it will be done as part of the clean
installation. To do a clean installation, just boot from the
Windows XP CD (change the BIOS boot order if necessary to
accomplish this) and follow the prompts for a clean installation
(delete the existing partition by pressing "D" when prompted,
then create a new one).
You can find detailed instructions here:

or here http://windowsxp.mvps.org/XPClean.htm

or here http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/clean_install.htm

Back
Top