Changing default mail client

C

Cyn

Previous message had no header--mea culpa! Can't get Windows Mail to let another program be my default mail client. I've done all the Control Panel stuff I can possibly do--anyone out there have the ultimate solution?

Cyn

J

Jonathan Yaniv

Hello,

Go into Internet Explorer and go to Internet Options, then, you can set the default mail client from there. That should work.

--
Please comment about my performance about helping and/or resolving your issue to Brian
Boston by emailing (e-mail address removed). If you could please nominate me
for Windows Vista MVP it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jonathan Yaniv
Windows Live Butterfly Expert
Previous message had no header--mea culpa! Can't get Windows Mail to let another program be my default mail client. I've done all the Control Panel stuff I can possibly do--anyone out there have the ultimate solution?

Cyn

C

Cyn

As I've said, I've tried all those things. Won't work--doesn't know the other mail client exists. Any other ideas?

--
Cynthia Dagnal Myron
Faculty
Axia/Western International University
Associate Programs
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
520-241-0126
Pacific Time

Hello,

Go into Internet Explorer and go to Internet Options, then, you can set the default mail client from there. That should work.

--
Please comment about my performance about helping and/or resolving your issue to Brian

Thank you

Jonathan Yaniv

Cyn

J

Jonathan Yaniv

Have you tried using Windows Live Mail Desktop beta? Try using that program for email. It may be a problem with the Mail application, and not with Windows.

--

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows LiveT Butterfly Expert

Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/
As I've said, I've tried all those things. Won't work--doesn't know the other mail client exists. Any other ideas?

--
Cynthia Dagnal Myron
Faculty
Associate Programs
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
520-241-0126
Pacific Time

Hello,

--

Thank you

Jonathan Yaniv

Cyn

C

Cyn

You're right. I let the second program repair itself, and sure enough, Windows surrendered to it at once. There were missing components that needed to be updated or...whatever. Hopefully, this is the last time I'll have to worry about this! That was almost the last issue I had with Vista, so I'm really pleased!

Cyn

Have you tried using Windows Live Mail Desktop beta? Try using that program for email. It may be a problem with the Mail application, and not with Windows.

--

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows LiveT Butterfly Expert

Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/

--
Cynthia Dagnal Myron
Faculty
Associate Programs
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
520-241-0126
Pacific Time

Hello,

--

Thank you

Jonathan Yaniv

Cyn

A

Andy Bristow

you too.

Cyn

Ask a Question