change To field value

R

Rob

Good day,
I recently created a form for users that is sent
to one particular person. This form has a separate reply form. While testing the forms I had the reply form To field with my name in it as the value. Now I want to leave the To field blank. I have removed my email address as the initial value. Still comes to me. I removed the To field and added it back, my email address is still there. Noticed while in design in All Fields/All Mail Fields my email address is still there as the default value for the To field. Cannot delete it. How do I have the To field blank so the person replying with the reply form has it sent to the person they received it from? How do I get rid of the default value and have it so the To field is blank?
Thanks

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Removing the To field does not remove any initial value associated with that property. Check for initial values and also for code that might be setting the value.

R

Rob

Hi Sue,
Thanks for the response. I have no written code for the form and can only find the initial value of it in places that I cannot delete or appear to modify. I have found the initial value while in design mode for the form under the tab (All Fields) - select from - Address fields and All Mail fields. Under both of them it shows the To field with my email address as the value. The choice for Delete (button at bottom of page) is greyed out so cannot delete the field or value. I am assuming I cannot delete because these fields are not user defined?

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Did you look on the Properties dialog for the To property? Did you run the form and remove the address from that instance, then save or publish?

R

Rob

The reply form has been published and saved with the field deleted from the form and the form is still sent to me. When I am looking at the field and value under the All Fields tab - address fields..
and click on Properties all field properties are greyed out and the value is not shown. All that appears for properties (that are greyed out) is Name,Type and Format. If I add the To field back to the form the initial value is my address, I then deleted my address and have initial valued unchecked. Republished form and results are still the same, reply is sent to my email address. Also have saved the form along with publishing it. Under All Fields - Address Fields/All Mail Fields I cannot get rid of the value for the To field and am guessing this is where it keeps taking the value from.
Thanks for your patience

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

You also should be able to run the reply form and press Ctrl+Alt+B to bring up the address book dialog and delete any recipients you find there.

Also, check the original form's Options dialog to see whether it has a reply recipient set there.

Ask a Question