Change the 10 sec time for chkdsk

Ayush

I want to change the time it waits before running chkdsk operation. When
something goes wrong and windows wants to check a drive at boot time it run
chkdsk but it gives you 10 seconds to cancel that, i want to change that 10
seconds time.

Anando [MS-MVP]

Hello Ayush,

Type chkntfs/? at the comman prompt. You will be interested in the /T
switch.

--
Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://www.anando.org/folder

Ayush said:
I want to change the time it waits before running chkdsk operation. When
something goes wrong and windows wants to check a drive at boot time it
run
chkdsk but it gives you 10 seconds to cancel that, i want to change that
10
seconds time.

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

Ayush

I want to change the time when window automatically run chkdsk because of a
power cut or a reason like that. I changed the time to 4 sec as you told,
will it change the time that i want..

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

Replied To :

: Hello Ayush,
:
: Type chkntfs/? at the comman prompt. You will be interested in the /T
: switch.
:
: --
: "Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote in message
: : >I want to change the time it waits before running chkdsk operation. When
: > something goes wrong and windows wants to check a drive at boot time it
: > run
: > chkdsk but it gives you 10 seconds to cancel that, i want to change
that
: > 10
: > seconds time.
: >
: > --
: >> Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
: >
: >
:
:

Anando [MS-MVP]

It should. Schedule a drive to be checked at startup by using the /C switch
and restart your machine to test if the modification was applied successfuly
or not.

--

Ayush said:
[...]

Well yes, it did. I run chkdsk on "c:"[Windows] drive with f parameter and
it offered to run it at boot and i choose yes and when i booted it is 4
seconds, just what i want.
I dont know that i can do this very easily. Thanks for your help Anando. It
was really bad when you have to wait that 10 seconds...

--
[...]

: > :
: > : Type chkntfs/? at the comman prompt. You will be interested in the /T
: > : switch.
: > :
: > : --
[...]
: > : >
: > : > --
: > : >> Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
: > : >
: > : >
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

Anando [MS-MVP]

I feel the pain, Ayush. Glad to help you out !