Change from Windows Mail

I can't send videos with windows Mail because it says the files are to large.
I want to switch to another email program as my default. However, when I go
to the program default set up for email, it only gives me the choice of
Windows Mail.

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Attachment size limitations come from your ISP, not Windows Mail. Unless
you make the file smaller or break it into pieces, no alternative email
program will be of any help.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (e-mail address removed)

Gary VanderMolen

What size files are you planning to send?
10 MB is about the limit for email, and many servers choke on as little
as 2 MB. You would be better off uploading the file to a free site like
http://www.xdrive.com. Then email your friends the URL so they can
download from there.

Gary VanderMolen

Julian

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message
What size files are you planning to send?
10 MB is about the limit for email, and many servers choke on as little
as 2 MB. You would be better off uploading the file to a free site like
http://www.xdrive.com. Then email your friends the URL so they can
download from there.

With Gmail, you can send and receive messages up to 20 megabytes (MB) in
size.

ps. depending on the internet connection upload speed 20mb
can take a long time to send.

Julian

Hal Hostetler said:
Attachment size limitations come from your ISP, not Windows Mail. Unless
you make the file smaller or break it into pieces, no alternative email
program will be of any help.

With Gmail, you can send and receive messages up to 20 megabytes (MB) in
size.

ps.
depending on the internet connection upload speed
20mb can take a long time to send.

I have roadrunner on my Dell XP and with the Dell Vista Biz. I can send
videos with the XP with Outlook Express but not with Vista Widows Mail

Julian

BrotherRaphael said:
I have roadrunner on my Dell XP and with the Dell Vista Biz. I can send
videos with the XP with Outlook Express but not with Vista Widows Mail
--

What message do you get when trying?

mikeyhsd

connect with the receiver using an IM program and send them that way. I use Trillian FREE version all the time for this.

faster and more efficient.

(e-mail address removed)

I can't send videos with windows Mail because it says the files are to large.
I want to switch to another email program as my default. However, when I go
to the program default set up for email, it only gives me the choice of
Windows Mail.

The problem is that Windows Mail is the default system. I can't use any other
mail system to send the videos from Point and Shoot.

Julian

BrotherRaphael said:
The problem is that Windows Mail is the default system. I can't use any
other
mail system to send the videos from Point and Shoot.

Why not?

If I click on “Create Video Email Message†I get this message: “Unable to
create email message. Please try the “Save Videos for Emailing Option.â€
If I click on: Save Videos for Emailing†I get the same message. ????

Hello, did you ever solve the problem of Windows mail being the only option
email program in VISTA>> I want to use Incredimail as default. Do you know
how to do that???
Leah

Gary VanderMolen

You would have to contact IncrediMail to find out if they make a version
that is compatible with Vista. Windows Mail is not the only option.

Gary VanderMolen

No. I have plenty of email systems, Hotmail etc. but i can't change the
windows Mail default.. Can't change Mail default

Gary VanderMolen

Hotmail is not an email program. You will need to install additional email
programs in order to be able to change the default email program.

Gary VanderMolen

I have installed 6 e-mail programs and I still can't use any as default. I
think the problem is that Vista will not permit any e-mail program to write
to the registry. If it is not in the registry you cannot choose it as a
default.

Gary VanderMolen

If it is a Vista bug, why aren't more users complaining about it?
I installed Outlook 2007 in Vista, and it had no problem grabbing the default.
I set the default back to Windows Mail, and later installed Windows Live
Mail, which then made itself the default.

Perhaps you are running some incompatible third party security app
which is preventing new programs from writing to the registry.

Gary VanderMolen

mylovies

I am having the same problems, i have used Gmail as my email for YEARS, but
windows mail is my default mail client and i have no idea how to change it so
that windows mail is NOT my default email...I DO NOT WANT IT OR USE IT...
there is no way that i have found as of yet to change this and it is very
irritating...
does ANYONE know how to change it so that windows mail is NOT my default
mail program??? thanks in advance...