Windows Vista Change Calendar Time Zone

Reaction score
I have recently moved to Australia, and purchased a Dell laptop running Windows Vista. I purchased Office Enterprise 2007 Win32 through my employer (Home Use Rights) - however now that I am encountering problems, I discover the catch 22 situation that neither Microsoft nor my employer offer any support for the product (unless I am willing to pay Microsoft for it). So hopefully somebody on this forum can help!

I get the following error message when running Microsoft Outlook: "A change to '(GMT +08:00) Perth' has occurred. Appointments, meetings and reminders will be updated to reflect this change. For meetings you organized, an email will be sent to the attendees. The update ensures that the meeting appears at the correct time. Select the time zone in which you are usually located." When I select "(GMT +08:00) Perth" and click OK, I get a message saying "Found 3 appointments to update in Personal Folders. Click OK to update appointments." I then get an error message saying that updating has failed as "The time for this appointment cannot be modified."
I tried opening one of these appointments on the calendar, a recurring appointment, and I get the following message: "Cannot open this item. You changed one of the recurrences of this item, and this instance no longer exists. Close any open items and try again."
I'm not sure if this is related to West Australia recently introducing daylight-saving time?
Can anyone help?
Thanks!

Ask a Question