CDrom will not refresh

Kate

Second Posting
I am having a problem with my CDROM, all the drivers are
in and I did not have this problem before I upgraded all
"updates" in XP.
My cdrom will not refresh....I have tried refresh, I have
removed the CD, put in a different CD and still read the
old CD that was in just before. The only way to see a new
CD is to reboot the computer.Does anyone know what the
problem could be?
I would love to hear some ideas, I have run out of my own
ideas.
The cdrom is on it's own. It's an LG 12x 8x 32x
If I remove it and hook it up to an older machine running
ME, it works perfect.
Just the XP does not refresh it, I need to totally reboot
to read in a new cd.
kate

Antonio Amengual[MSMVP]

remembering old CP/M commands, did you tryed to do a CTRL C command under a
dos session ?

--
Bienvenidos al sitio de MVP de Microsoft
Recuerda: Una Consulta, Un Foro:

Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y no
otorga ningún derecho.

You assume all risk for your use.

XP Pro-2600-limpia+SP1

por favor
respuestas al grupo; asi nos beneficiamos todos
no se responde personalmente

saludos

Antonio
ms mvp windowsxp shell user

Yves Leclerc

XP does not use DOS.

Antonio Amengual said:
remembering old CP/M commands, did you tryed to do a CTRL C command under a
dos session ?

--
Bienvenidos al sitio de MVP de Microsoft

Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y no
otorga ningún derecho.

You assume all risk for your use.

XP Pro-2600-limpia+SP1

por favor
respuestas al grupo; asi nos beneficiamos todos
no se responde personalmente

saludos

Antonio
ms mvp windowsxp shell user

Antonio Amengual[MSMVP]

go to start run type cmd pres intro the screen achieved is this a DOS
session?