CD player ???

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Got a Sony Hi-Fi with a cd player. Drawer opens and closes with a disc , looks as though it will play as the lights on the display are doing stuff then it gives a message " No CD in player". Tried one of them optical lens cleaners, the ones like a cd that you play. Still nothing. Any bright ideas folks.

Ta.

:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me.

Cambridge Audio Azure 640C CD Player, it cost £270.00 new in May 2007.

The fault happened in June 2008, three weeks out of warranty and the repair cost me £100.00, it needed a new CD tray mechanism including laser.

And it's not that good a CD player. It sounds great for sure but it's very fussy on what it plays, slightest little fingerprint smudge or scratch and it turns it's nose up at it and won't play.

So, there ya go folks, avoid Cambridge Audio CD players, I believe they're only available from Richer Sounds, cos they is crap.

I have their amp, the Azure 640A, 80 watts a channel, and that is superb, best sounding amp I've ever owned. And my
Mum has the Cambridge Audio DAB/FM tuner, the £170.00 model and that is good as well, so not all Cambridge Audio products are rubbish, just the CD players, it seems.

Anyway, sorry barbs, got a little OT there, I'd suggest your CD mechanism is faulty, probably the laser has died at a guess.

Reaction score
Try doing a search on Google for sites that register common faults. They can help usually and suggest a repair that can be easily carried out. There are many out there a few good ones being in the UK of which i'm a member of but ive lost the bookmark so cant find it lol DOH!!

Ask a Question