Cd/dvd rom wont read cd's.

Reaction score
I have an emachine w3619 with dual core 2160, 1.5 gig ram and windows vista 32 home edition. I also have a geforce 8600 gt xfx video card. Recently my cd/dvd rom stopped recognizing anything that is put into the drive. I went into device manager it said the device was functioning properly and the drivers were updated. I tried deleting the upper and lower filters as some mentioned on microsoft and some other websites it did not work. I tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling it, it reinstalled fine but did not work. I have not had the computer that long out of the box, and i never had any problems or heard any noises prior to this issue. I started the comp in safe mode it still did not work. When i set the bios to start up from cd only it gave me this message
PXE-T01:No such file
PXE:e3b:TFTP error-file not found
PXE-MOF:Exiting PXE Rom.
Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter.
(I had the system disk in the drive, not a burned copy but the original vista disk and it repeated the error after i pressed enter)
I have been trying to fix this issue for days and no luck and advice please help!!!???

Reaction score
Sounds like your disk drive is faulty have you got a spare one you can try? Or even try the disk drive in another pc?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You can get new drives for very little money. Buy one an if it solves the problem, fine. If not you haven't rally lost out as you have a spare drive ready for the next emergancy.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...=cF9zdHlsZT1saXN0JnBfcHJvZHVjdHNQZXJQYWdlPSY=

happywave.gif

Ask a Question