CD drive letter

Alice Spencer

How can I change the drive letter assigned to a CD rom drive in an
unattended setup.
Any ideas anyone.
Thanks
Alice

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I understand that you want to change the drive letter of CD ROM Drive from
unattended setup.

If you want to change the drive letter of a drive using scripting, you can
download the diskpart.exe resource kit tool and include in your script. In
diskpart context 'assign letter' command helps you to assign the required
drive letter.

Diskpart utility for Windows 2000 can be downloaded from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/new/diskpart-o.as

More information about diskpart can be found in the links below:

DiskPart
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-
us/dm_drive_letter.mspx

A Description of the Diskpart Command-Line Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=300415

I hope the above information helps. If there is anything unclear, please
feel free to let me know. Thank you and have a nice day!

Rashmi