cd burning

Reaction score
could anyone help,,,,,,i have a mat****a combi drive on my lap top .the problem i have is i can burn dvds with no problem, but when it comes to audio cds the drive keeps telling me to put a blank cdr in the drive,i have tried various makes of cdrs but with the same results.iam using roxio easy media creator 7 if that sheds any lite on the problem please help ????????

Reaction score
you know, I usually hear the opposite probelm... drives able to burn cd-r but not dvd-r. I would still take some basic steps. Check the drive manufactuer's site and see if it has any firm ware updates. Then if that has not resolved the issue try cleaning the drive. They sell kits for this purpose. I have experienced that sometimes its a dirty lense that can cause problems. If you do choose to use the cleaning kit pleas read the directions carefully... misusing the product may further damage the drive. Also... I would wait for some of the others to respond they may have more experience with this issue than myself.

Ask a Question