Windows XP ccleaner advise

sol

Reaction score
hi all.ime running windows xp home sp2 & have defender,avg antispyware,avgantivirus,avg anti rootkit,zone alarm & i have hjt in case i need it.can i still download cleaner or do i have enough already.sorry total novice here.thanks

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
CCleaner just cleans out the crap in temp folders etc, its not an anti nasty.

sol

Reaction score
thanks,is there something i can download that checks the registry as i had a nuke on delete virus that wiped my hard drive & the virus was in the registry so i panic now in case it happens again,sorry to be a pain

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Sounds like you have loads of protection . As V_R says the CC cleaner cleans out crap . Its very quick and I use it after uninstalling anything . :D

sol

Reaction score
thankyou its really appreciated,feel like ime totally out of my depth with all this technology-dont know how you all cope,think my brain would explode :\

sol

Reaction score
oooh my word,i read the ccleaner mini how to then downloaded & ran it,could not believe the rubbish that was on here so thankyou i can relax now lol

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You ran it twice I hope , once as the "cleaner" thats the icon with the brush top left , an once for "issues" thats second down on the left . :D

sol

Reaction score
yes i ran it twice,trouble is there are so many issues-havent the foggiest what they all are so not sure what to fix now lol

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Regarding the issues tab...

Firstly its a registry cleaner, so beware that it does delete registry entries.

Back up anything it removes! Iregularly use the reg cleaner, and have never had a problem, however. best be safe than sorry. If you back up what it removes and in the unlikely event it causes problems you can restore them. ;)

You may also need to run it more than once the first time.

By the way, did you untick the yahoo toolbar option on install?

Last edited:

sol

Reaction score
right i got it thanks-phew lol & yes i unticked the yahoo toolbar,i actually sat & wrote out the mini how to just to make sure i was doing it right lol,many thanks again for everyones help-its really appreciated

Ask a Question