Cats

Reaction score
Seems our 20 year old cat has the feline version of Alzheimer’s.
Has anyone else had experience of this with their cats if they have/had one?

Reaction score
That's not good. I love cats, my parents have two of them who i miss!

My ex-girlfriend who i met in 2000 had a cat, and i remember going home and saying to my parents 'that cat is not long for this world!!'. Well, would you believe it, she's still going strong!! haha. Super cat!

So what are the symptoms of Cat Alzheimers then??

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear about your cat Feckit.:( Over the past 30-odd years, we have always lived with cats, having adopted a total of fourteen (no, not all at once) varying both in age and state of health; but for 19 of those years, we also had a dog, a fun-loving border collie, who, in his latter couple of years, gradually became senile, poor lad.

Humans and animals seem to suffer very similar symptoms from what I have been able to observe (two of my close relatives had Altzheimers) as both can experience confusion and disorientation; the appetite can be affected, they can fail to recognise loved ones and "normal" patterns of behaviour can change quite a bit, so that "little accidents" can happen and so on.

But you might hopefully find that the disease will be slow to progress - probably your vet will have given you some idea of the prognosis - so that with care, your cat will remain reasonably well for a while yet. I do hope that is the case :nod:

Reaction score
Sadly TC our Cat is on a downward spiral and may see the Summer if we are lucky.:(
That said she has just polished off a plate of fish & is now snoring in her bed!!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh I am sorry Feckit :nod: it's a rotten thing to happen to them. Bless her, it sounds as if she enjoyed her fishy treat :) at least she sounds happy at the moment. She must be enjoying a wonderful life with you to have reached such a good age too :)

Ask a Question