Cats. Something different

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
My sister is over from South Africa for 2 weeks and has already done all the tourist things on a previous visit so today we did something different.
I know we have a few cat lovers on this forum so thought I would share here.

We went to visit Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium in Bethnal Green. It's basically a posh cafe with tea and cake and cats. Very enjoyable.
1.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
How random, but cool. I'd go there, I like cats.
Do you say it the right way or the posh way? :D

Also, a controversial topic, I see you went with the Cornish method of applying the jam and cream, the correct answer. :lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Do you say it the right way or the posh way? :D

I say it the correct way, scone rhymes with gone :nod:

Also I subscribe to the Devon school, purely for the fact that it's easier to spread jam on clotted cream than vice versa :thumb:

Dammit I think I'm going to crave scones until I have one! Better get baking... :drool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I too love a scone with cream and jam.... Its making me hungry thinking about it.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Aww, I would enjoy visiting a cat cafe - they're beautiful cats, (should say that quietly, otherwise I risk offending our two lads.)

Well, just to throw in my five-pennyworth... I pronounce "scone" either way, depending upon whom I happen to be chatting with. But I grew up with "scone" to rhyme with "cone."

As for the jam and cream debate, lol, I usually go with jam first, followed by a generous dollop of cream. Mmm, so much squidgey goodness. :D

Ask a Question