Cat Bowling & Games

Reaction score
When we moved to the new improved forum did the games move with us?
I was/am the cat bowling champion and cant seem to find it anymore!:blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately the old arcade wans't compatible with the new forum software and it looks like the arcade was rarely used, so I didn't move it over. There is a new arcade available from the same coder for the new forum software - so if it's something that people would really like to see then I can always install it again :).

Reaction score
I'm gutted it took me a long time to reach the dizzy heights of cat bowling champion!!:lol:
Even more so not being a gamer! Oh well at least i was not beaten.:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's the way to think about it, you will always be the cat bowling champion now ;)

If the arcade would be something people would like to see back then I can always add the new version :).

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
This is probably impractical... but will tentatively make the suggestion anyway...:blush:

Would there be any chance of including a couple of member-against-member games, do you think? I know PCR isn't a game site, so wasn't thinking of anything "heavy" just the odd time-waster for a bit of fun when things are a bit quiet.

One suggestion would be Hexxagon - drives me potty but quite addictive; or maybe chess or chequers... No doubt if it is "do-able" others will have suggestions to make. (Such as: "shoot that cat!!") :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just had a look at the arcade plugin and it doesn't look like it supports multiplayer games, although there is a "head to head" feature which puts people in to a ladder/league.

If there are a few of you that would use the arcade feature then I don't mind installing it :)

Reaction score
As reigning Cat Bowl Champion i'm happy to see the game not bought back!:D
But having the odd game for light hearted entertainment may be a good thing.
That said i'm not a gamer so it may not be of interest?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Check out the sidemenu :D

It's just a test for now to see how it goes :). The new arcade script uses games from http://www.mochimedia.com/games/ - the upside of this is that it gives some really good quality games. The downside is there is an advert before the game loads. Not ideal but not the end of the world.

If there are any games on http://www.mochimedia.com/games/ that you'd like to see added, just let me know the name and I'll add them.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to yank this so quick, but I found a potential security hole with the arcade so I've had to remove it for now :(. I'd have to open up some admin end stuff to get scores submitted, so I'm going to have a think on a way round this.

Ask a Question