Case Speaker No Longer Gives A Beep At Start Up

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I need a new pair of eyes ... when did you add this statment?

... bought from a seller on ebay called vlad.the.impaler, but was brand new in the retail box and unopened so surely it couldn't have been damaged already???
I could put what I like in a retail box & re-seal it, you'd never know it had been opened.

Vlad the Impaler ... was known as a real-life vampire ... great name for EBay seller.
laughingsmiley.gif

Good Luck!

user.gif

CSB

Reaction score
I've been in contact with the seller who sold me the Processor, and he's being very helpful etc, he thinks it's most likely that the BIOS just needs updating so it accepts the New CPU as the MOBO was released just before the Prescott core was available to the public

ASUS couldn't of had support for it via BIOS and only just hardware wise at the time maybe

Well updating the BIOS is a good idea anyway so will deffinately give that a try

I'll be putting back in the 2.4Ghz Celeron tomorrow, and the system should beep again then

I'm still wondering if I should put up a photo of myself as I said in the "Introductions section" lol ........................ Nah ...... ner ner :p :lol:

CSB

Reaction score
Right! ... the 2.4 Ghz Celeron is back in and the case speaker is working nicely, still have to update the BIOS soon though and hope the P4 will then be accepted

P.S, I'd like to introduce you all to 1 of my cat's <<<<<<<<< "Gizmo" :D *Paw wave*

Did I mention I like to do a lil bit of SLR photography when time and money allows? lol

How versatile we all are
laughingsmiley.gif

Shutting up! lol

Last edited:

CSB

Reaction score
Finally got to see my BIOS tonight *Phew*

At least I'm now back on track *Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy* :D

Should get there in the end ... but when? lol

Pic of my Panther Tattoo :)

Attachments

• panther 3.jpg